Thursday, June 16, 2011

Classic Style Lasts Forever

So while looking at some magazines the other day I kept finding myself drawn to clothes and accessories made by Michael Kors. Why? What is it about his line that I like so much?

Clockwise from top left: Designer Michael Kors, bathing suit from spring 2009 collection, Michael Kors Hamilton bag


It's the clean lines, the structure, the figure flattering shapes that transcend trends and time. A lot of his clothes, like this bathing suit, have a retro flair to them as well, which I absolutely love! As I've moved on from the high school staple of t-shirt and jeans and the college wardrobe of sweats and bedhead hair, I've found myself gravitating toward this retro-classic-structured style that can make even a simple outfit look expensive and put together. Unfortunately, I'm still living on a college budget so finding items that match this style without spending big money can be an issue. Here are some of my favorite finds from my own closet:

Lela Rose for Payless tote

faux snakeskin bag from Target

The purple snakeskin bag? I found that in the clearance section at Target for $4... only $4!! I was amazed! It looks so much more expensive than that and it's so versatile. I can use it as a clutch for night by taking off the strap or I can keep it on and add some fun color, structure, and texture to my day look. I love it! Ha ha can you tell I like purses? I think I have a strange addiction to them. I read somewhere that the average woman has about six handbags... I think I have about twenty. But with prices like this one, how can I resist?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment