Saturday, June 11, 2011

For A Rainy Day

I don't know about you, but Michigan has seen a lot of rainy weather this spring (too much, actually... I didn't know Michigan had a monsoon season, seriously).  Well, of course, my umbrella broke recently and now I have to search around for a new one asap!  No success yet, but my problem made me think of one of my favorite photographs by Richard Avedon.  This woman is just so elegant with her classic black umbrella.  While I'll probably be looking for something flowery or bright colored, the classic black umbrella will always reign as Queen of Umbrellas in my mind.
photograph by Richard Avedon


And, for kicks:

I found this image while searching around for my new umbrella.  I wonder how that folds up?

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment