Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Carrie Flowers

Like a lot of women I know, I love the show Sex & The City (In my opinion, the first movie was excellent but it should have ended after that.  The second movie was so NOT excellent and was, at times, hard to sit through... anyone agree?).  There have been a million and a half fashion blog entries on the style of Carrie Bradshaw.  This I know.  As much as I love fashion, I wasn't always too into some of Carrie's outfits.  That being said, there were also a gazillion that I would love to have in my closet!

So the inspiration for this post was Ms. Bradshaw (and I'm very aware of the fact that I'm not the first one to have a blog entry with her as inspiration).

That's me above in "New York City".... and I have that in quotations because I wasn't actually there.  (Instead of driving into the city I decided to spend my time piecing this image together with Photoshop.  But I have to admit, I think I did a pretty good job!)

Above pictures were taken in my actual location: my back patio.  Also a neat place to hang out.

dress: Express
belt: Charlotte Russe
shoes: Mix No. 6
necklace: gift
clutch: vintage

And a collage I made of the inspiration-woman herself, and similar pieces for you to create a Carrie flower outfit! (And if you're lucky, maybe you'll get to strut your outfit in actual NYC, unlike me!)
inspiration: Carrie Bradshaw
shoes: G by Guess
clutch: Forever21
dress: Express (same as mine in a different print!)
belt: Banana Republic
necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs

Do you have any favorite Carrie Bradshaw outfits?  Or any Carrie Bradshaw outfits you hated?  Do tell!

Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. love the SATC pic. totally cute. one of my fav shows too!

    -steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the whole idea and inspiration behind this shoot! Totally agree about the SATC films, much preffered the first one.

    You look a lot like Carrie in these photo's - I think its your lovely smile!

    Love the dress too.

    xoxo

    http://www.ashleighduncan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look & agree SATC2 was quite disappointing. And more so as I had the chance as an extra in the second one. But, still the clothes were pretty fabulous...;)

    Found your blog in a common IFB group we share!!

    Faiza xo
    Velvet Moon Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are great! I love this dress :)

    I followed you I'd love for you to check out my blog and if you like then follow me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photoshoping skills are pretty darn amazing. I must admit that your dress + belt = B-E-A-Utiful! Such a wonderful sense of fashion

    ReplyDelete
  6. So love your blog, your dress, the photography.

    ReplyDelete