I don't know about you, but I'm planning on having the quintessential 4th of July holiday tomorrow. I'll be wearing red/white/&blue and attending the local parade in the morning (floats! firetrucks! local polititions! candy!). The plan is to then go to a bbq, take a dip in the pool, and then head over to the park to see the fantastic fireworks display!
So while waiting to go to the fireworks, I'll be relaxing outside with a glass of iced tea, and sitting next to me will be these cute candle holders with their flames a' flickering.
What you'll need:
- Glass canning jar (or any type of glass container)
- Tea candles
- Colored ribbon
- Pour sand into jar filling about 3/4 and leaving enough space for the flame to be protected behind glass. This keeps it from being blown out by the wind while also making it safer.
- Nestle the tea candle into the sand, making it level.
- Tie your ribbons around the jar one at a time. I double knotted them before tying the white ribbon into a bow. I decided to leave the red and blue ribbons hanging.
- Light the candles and enjoy!
So if you're in a DIY mood today, try these out for a festive 4th of July!
Until next time...