Friday, July 29, 2011

Exhale. It's Friday!

Exhale.  It's Friday!  I'm ready to sit back and relax this weekend.  And that's just what I'm going to do!  I plan on packing up and driving north to stay at my family's cottage for the weekend.  It will be nice to be disconnected from technology and just sit by the lake with my book.  Ahh.  Yay for weekends.

Speaking of weekends, last weekend I went to one of my friend's bachelorette parties.  (Wait, my friends and I are old enough to get married?  When did that happen?  Oh growing up...)  The night was pretty fun and I got to dress up for the occassion:


And I of course wore my trusty owl necklace that seems to be popping up in a lot of recent un-posted outfits (and also in my last posted outfit)


And yes, you are seeing that correctly.  One of my nails is painted white and the other four are painted light pink.  I've seen this everywhere lately and thought I'd try it out.  It's a cute idea, but I don't usually paint my nails so we'll see how often I actually wear them like that.

and my shoes:

I like these shoes for a couple reasons.  One reason is because they're nude colored, and I'm really into that right now (along with the rest of the fashion world).  But the more important reason I like them is because they are not outrageously high where my foot would be bent at a ridiculous angle while wearing them.  Once and a while I'll spring for the insanely high heel + platform, but I mostly want to take care of my feet so I'll still be able to a)walk and b)wear cute shoes when I'm older.  

Anyone else thinking ahead with their shoe decisions?  No?  Okay, suit yourself.

dress: Xhilaration
blazer: Delia's
shoes: Mix No. 6
necklace: gift
belt: Pitaya
ring: gift
purse: Xhilaration

On a different note, many thanks to Bow Tied Beauty & Tales From An Unknown Spacecraft for awarding Cup of Tea the One Lovely Blog Award:

It was so thoughtful and sweet of both of them.  It's always nice to know that some people out there actually read Cup of Tea, and not only read it but they liked it enough to award it.  Thanks again!

And speaking of readers, yesterday Cup of Tea hit 20 Google Friend Connect readers.  That is a really low number compared to the other blogs I read, but still... yay that's progress!  I know there are a lot of non-Google Friend Connect followers out there too, and Cup of Tea appreciates all of you as well! :)

Anyone else have any relaxing plans for the weekend?

Until next time...

7 comments:

  1. Super cute necklace! I'm really jealous you're going to the lake- I'd love to have a nice little getaway.

    Hope you have a lovely, relaxing weekend. :)

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your entire outfit! especially that blazer :) The whole style totally suits going ANYWHERE and anytime of the day! You look gorgeous~

    xx
    Erika
    http://www.erika-t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this outfit!

    xoxo Emily
    http://cl0thes0verbr0s.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That necklace is super cute :)

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE this outfit
    http://anairofsurprise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your necklace, it's beautiful!

    xoxo

    http://ashleighduncan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looooove the outfit! You talk about my shoes??? Your nude pumps are so nice!! you look great!

    -xx-

    ReplyDelete