Friday, July 22, 2011

Hot Hot Hot

Hot enough for you?  This week has been insanely hot in Michigan, as it has been in a lot of the country.  My car thermometer reported 101° yesterday when I left work at 5pm!  That might not seem crazy in some parts of the country, but up here in Michigan that is hot hot hot!

My car thermometer on 7/21/11

This past week's outfits have been all shorts, skirts, and dresses.  I wouldn't even dream about wearing long pants on these days, even in the air conditioning of work and my house.  So today I bring you this outfit:


tank: LC Lauren Conrad
shorts: Delia's
purse: Xhileration
shoes: R2
necklace: gift
watch: Paul Du Pree

Don't get me wrong, I love summer.  But when it's so hot that I feel sick without air conditioning that's no fun.  Let's hope that Mother Nature calms down a bit and gives us a normal mid-80s day soon.  That would be a more reasonable (and fun!) summer.

On a different note, I thought I'd bring you an easy idea to help you cool off during this heat wave.  Do you ever end up with too much fruit in your fridge that you know you won't be able to consume before it goes bad?  I hate that feeling.  The feeling I hate more, though, is throwing out fresh fruit that I let sit too long.  So to use up your fruit, make an easy and refreshing beverage: fruit water!  Basically, you fill up a pretty pitcher with cold water, cut up your fruit, and then put your fruit in the water.  Very simple.  And very very delicious.


What are you doing to cool off during this heat wave?

Stay cool!


3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your heat wave. In Paris it's been cold and rainy for the last 2 weeks!

    You wanted to know where I took the pics on my blog, well it was in a small park in Paris :)

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhh.....a great idea for a refreshing beverage to sip on during this heat wave in the Great State of Michigan. Thanks for the idea.
    OM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous look. I'm smitten with your adorable Lauren Conrad top, SO sweet!! It's paired perfectly with the shorts & those gorgeous sandals. Wonderful to find your blog and can't wait to try the fruit water -yum!! xx veronika

    ReplyDelete