Monday, July 25, 2011

On the shores, In the forest

Here at last: the photos from June 19th.  I've finally got them all edited and prepared for posting!  These photos were taken in Grosse Pointe Shores, Michigan, on the grounds of the Edsel and Eleanor Ford Estate.  Every year on Father's Day I attend the EyesOn Design Car Show that takes place at the estate.  The property is absolutely amazing.  It's located right on Lake St. Clair.


One of the fun things about this outfit, for me, was the belt.  My uncle made this belt for my older sister back in 1994 when she was 9 years old.  The funny part is that my sister jokingly pulled it out from her closet for me to wear, only to discover that it actually fit me!  (Now remember, she wore this around her hips and I have it around my waist so don't go making any assumptions).


and also one from the actual car show:

I love old cars!

dress: Xhilaration
belt: designed and made by my uncle in 1994
shoes: R2
necklace: gift
hat: Charlotte Russe

All of the above photographs were taken by my sister, Emily.

On a completely different note, I was very fortunate to be able to see Paul McCartney in concert last night at Comerica Park - Home of the Detroit Tigers!  It was an amazing concert!  I've been a fan of the Beatles basically my whole life since my parents would play them when I was little.  Then when I got to high school I discovered Wings, and his solo albums too.  Love love love!  Is it weird that I got all giggly-girly when he came out on stage and he's almost 70 years old?  But when I get googly-eyed at Paul, I'm really thinking about him like this:


ahhh so gorgeous.

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Miss Julia, you look very natural in hats. It seems like they were made just for you. I can picture you at the Kentucky Derby with a vintage sun dress and an eccentric hat. I hope you had an amazing time at your concert! Carol showed me some of her pictures and it seemed EVERYONE had a good time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty...i love your hair!

    i came across your blog via ifb...i'd love for you to pop on over to my blog and even follow if you'd like!
    http://anairofsurprise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty dress :)

    http://therebellioussaint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooo in love with your 70s Outfit !!!

    ReplyDelete