Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wrapping Up Summer

This week is the last week of my summer "vacation" which really wasn't a vacation, at least not like summer vacation was when I was a kid.  Long gone are the days of endless summer, not knowing what day it was or how late it was.  When I was little it seemed like summer just went on forever.  No sense of time.  How lovely it was to wake up every day and do the same thing: play.  Anyway, like a real adult, my summer consisted of work and school.  Next week starts the beginning of my last semester ever! Yay!  But we'll save that for a future post...


This past Saturday I went out to a fancy dinner with two of my good friends.  Dinner was for my friend Claire's last day in Royal Oak, where we live, before she moved back to school for the year.  Sad!  But we took it as an opportunity to dress up, eat Italian food, and drink wine!

Since I wasn't originally thinking this would be an outfit post, I didn't really get good photos of my outfit.  The picture above was the only one we took that was of just me.  So I've included a picture of Claire and me together, so you get to see both of our outfits!

 
On me:
dress: Target
shirt: Forever21
shoes: Mix No. 6
necklace: gift

On Claire:
dress: Pitaya
shoes: Target

Well I'm off to go read my book.  I'm trying to get in all of the fun reading I can before I start reading school books next week!

Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. You both look fantastic. :)

    -e

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blouse!

    nominated you for an award...check it out :)
    http://anairofsurprise.blogspot.com/2011/08/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your glittery shirt! I'm already digging out my fall cardigans as its practically winter in Scotland I'm afraid :(

    xoxo

    I recently wrote a blog post about some vintage pieces I plan on wearing to London Fashion Week. I'd be so grateful if you could check out the post and leave a comment and let me know which outfit is your favourite!

    ashleighduncan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your hair. Your dress is great too, sequins are always a winner in my opinion.

    http://iammeggy.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love your matching nude shoes :)


    Instylation


    :D

    ReplyDelete