Sunday, September 11, 2011

New Specs

Even though I've had them for a week or so (and they showed up in my previous post), today I am sharing my new specs!  I haven't had new frames since 2007, so I was finally ready for a slight update.  They're still plastic, they still have the butterfly shape (which, in my opinion, is the only shape that fits my face well), but they're new, they have some "gems" in them, and overall I'm happy.


frames: Nine West

At first I wasn't sure if I'd made the right choice about these frames.... it took me forever to choose them.  There I sat at the glasses counter at my eye doctor's office with a pile of frames.  I probably sorted through at least 20 pairs before deciding on these.  It took forever.  The woman helping me deserves some kind of award for sitting with me so long and being patient while I continued to switch back and forth between a bunch of frames and then proceed to pick over minute details that probably I only notice.

Then, after waiting a few weeks for them to come in (of course the ones I finally chose were on back-order), I finally picked them up and felt weird about them.  I was all of a sudden thinking, what did I do?!?  I probably sneaked peeks at myself in the mirror 100 times that day trying to get used to them.  They probably don't look much different to the average eye, but I notice the small things and it takes a bit of getting used to.

So after all that (who would have thought they could spark so much entry space in this blog), I think I'm finally used to them.  My heart doesn't sink when I see them in the mirror anymore, which means they are finally becoming a part of me like my previous ones were.  Since I wear glasses everyday (contacts are so annoying!) they really are a part of my face.  And I love them.

And there's a happy me above ^ sporting the fabulous new specs.  (And by the way, that's a sneak peak into an upcoming outfit post soon as well!)

I would like to mention that when I was a junior in high school, I won the award of "Sexy Specs" for the whole school.... this wasn't just a senior awards type thing...  it meant that I had the best glasses in the whole school, or so thought the people that voted for me.  I don't want to toot my own horn or anything, but I gotta say, I love being glasses girl.

Any other glasses-wearing, glasses-loving people out there?

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm glad you are happy with them now. You look great!

    -e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new glasses! :) I'm also a glasses wearer myself, although I only use them for driving and lectures. I found it really difficult to find a pair that suited me, but I love the style and colour you've chosen :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh love the new glasses. I tend to wear my glasses more now that I'm in front of a computer screen, but have my contacts for going out. Just got new red ones and I love how funky they are. Glasses are just another great accessory! :) hah that's awesome you won "sexy specs." Must have been some hot glasses!

    ReplyDelete