Sunday, October 16, 2011

Adventures In The Apple Trees

A few weekends ago my sister and I went to the apple orchard!  I hadn't been to the apple orchard in ages (well, that's not entirely true... I had gone the weekend before these pictures were taken too, but before that I hadn't gone in ages!!)


Great place for some outfit photographing, of course.


It was also the first time wearing my new riding boots.  I love love love these boots.  Plus I had super coupons at DSW so I got them super discounted, even better!


striped sweater: Forever21
scarf: Wet Seal
jacket: LC Lauren Conrad
jeans: American Eagle
boots: DSW
purse: Target


It was fun to take part in fall-related activities.  Fall is such a short season in Michigan so you really have to do these things while you can because you never know when the cold weather will strike and stay for the winter.

One thing I'm disappointed about not having in any outfit shots yet are the beautiful Michigan leaves.  Living in the southeast corner of the state, it takes a little while for the fall leaf colors to make their way south from the Upper Peninsula and the upper portion of the Lower Peninsula.  Right now as I look outside my window I still see a lot of green.  The problem is, it's been rainy, cold, and extremely windy the past couple days, so a lot of the colored leaves have been stripped off the trees already!  Not fair!  I hope I'll get an opportunity to pose next to a bright-leafed tree!  I LOVE fall!


This weekend I've been prepping my Halloween costume.  Stay tuned for a DIY post coming up!  I love this season!


By the way, I'd like to point out that Cup of Tea is now officially at 40 Google Friend Connect followers!  Yay!  It seems like just yesterday I was reporting on 30!  This makes me very happy.  Thank you!

10 comments:

  1. Great photos! I love your outfit, the boots are very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great outfit, and the setting is just gorgeous!
    xo,
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picking apples is so much fun, I miss it!

    - Jaimie

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you had a lot of fun there ! nice outfit and i love your purse :)

    have a great day Julia !
    The Endless Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous you went apple picking!! I miss doing that every year so much.
    I really love your boots :)

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your first picture! So pretty!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds so fun, perfect for fall. I love your purse! :)

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I love these photos you look absolutely gorgeous + I adore this denim look!! Aw, and I love the idea of going to an apple orchard! Hope your week is a fantastic one. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look is classic and timeless. Adorable and the boots are fab!!


    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, your blog is inspiring! Yoy are a very interesting person. I will follow you!
    xoxo

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete