Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Perfect Sweater Dress

Happy November!  I can't believe it's already that time of year.  November is when IT starts.  IT being the non-stop holiday madness.  Before we know it it will be Thanksgiving, and then rolls in all of the Christmas parties, and then we're at the new year!  What??  Okay, I'll stop.  It's only November 3rd after all.


sweater dress: LC Lauren Conrad
belt: H&M
tights: H&M
boots: Civico 10
bag: Nine & Co
necklace: American Eagle
ring: gift
watch: Target

I took these pictures really quick in between work and school yesterday.  Wednesdays always seem to be quite crazy for me, first starting with work in the morning and then coming home and eating, finish up assignments that haven't yet been completed before I drive off to school for the evening.  But yesterday was such a beautiful day I had to take advantage of it.  It could snow anytime now!  It's Michigan, I should be prepped for the worst...

Now, onto my outfit.  I'm really glad I came across this sweater dress.  In catalogs I usually think that the sweater dress idea is cute, but whenever I try them on in stores they always seem to be really really tight.  I'm not a fan of wearing clothing that looks like it was painted on me.  It really doesn't look that great on me... or anyone for that matter.  So this sweater dress is nice because it's not fitted!  And I can use a thin belt to give it the appropriate amount of shape for me!  What a great idea.

I gotta say though, I don't recommend these tights from H&M.  I've only worn them once and there's already a hole and a bunch of snags in them.  I wasn't climbing trees or hopping fences... I was sitting at a desk..?  Live and learn I guess!

Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Love the color and fit of your sweater dress. It looks lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, just gorgeous!! I love the colour & fit, and the boots are so adorable! Hope your evening is fantastic. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  3. That color is so amazing on you!
    xo,
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cranberry is such an amazing color. Love the dress, love the boots. This is comfortable chic at it's best.

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty!

    p.s. I'm having a giveaway for a crystal cuff if you'd like to check it out. :)
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dress look great., Anyway, i hope that you can join my $50.00 shopbop gift card giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh you look incredible! Yay!
    P.S. Who took these pics? I really like the last one!

    -e

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute dress! I love your outfit, and the color is so pretty :)Thanks for the advice about the H&M tights, I was thinking about getting tights from there D: (by the way, haha I didn't notice the skirt was the same color as parts of my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very sweet dress

    i am following you now <3

    www.xadvx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really aodre your dress, it's so hard to find a good sweaterdress! (or atleast for me, I"m a bit vertically challanged)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color of your sweater dress! It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete