Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Revisited Dress Is The Best!

Happy birthday to my big sister Emily!! Today she turns 27, and my parents and I are going out to Grand Rapids to celebrate with her.  I'm starting to feel the holiday joy.... it starts with my sister's birthday, then Thanksgiving, and then comes my dad's birthday, and then all of the Christmas celebrations.  I'm allllmost ready for Christmas music... but not yet (gotta wait until after Thanksgiving).


dress: Delia's ca. 2006
sweater: Gap
boots: Alloy
ring: Stella & Dot

I wore this outfit a week or two ago on a day that it was randomly warm-ish (warm as far as November in Michigan standards go).  It's great to rediscover clothing pieces that you haven't worn in years.  This dress is one of those.  I bought it back in high school when I attended a fall wedding and have been looking for opportunities to wear it since.  Now that I'm working in an office, I have the opportunity to wear dresses more often!  So I wore it to work.  I love this dress.  It's really comfy, it's not too short, and the detail at the upper chest/neck area is gorgeous.

This week is a short one!  Only two work days and one school day before Thanksgiving arrives Thursday!  My Women In Literature class is canceled this week, which will give me extra time to finish up the current book for that class, Like Water For Chocolate by Laura Esquivel.  I saw the movie a long time ago, and now I get the opportunity to read the book!  So far, so good!  And apparently this blog post is all about opportunities, since it seems I'm using that word a lot today...

Happy birthday to my sister!

8 comments:

  1. I love that dress. The neckline is beautiful! Love your boots too! :)

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay thank you!!! :-D

    e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress! The top portion is real pretty! I love the way you styled it too, nice and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this dress!!

    p.s. don't forget to pop by and enter my latest giveaway!
    http://anairofsurprise.blogspot.com/2011/11/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, for holiday joy!! I'm feeling so envious that everyone will be eating yummy food in the States, love Thanksgiving dinners. And I'm SO loving this super pretty dress, and I'm still swooning over your ring. xo V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is so pretty, I especially love the polka dots. Your outfit is so cute, I love it with the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! your hair is gorgeous! :O so pretty! love the blog btw :)

    ehmygawsh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi :) I just saw your Blog on Lauren Conrad homepage. Your Blog is really beautiful. I Love this outfit and the ring is so pretty.
    xoxo, Petra

    I follow you maybe you take a look and my Blog and follow me too :)
    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete