Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday Night: on the couch/on the town

Well it's a Saturday evening and I'm at my house all nestled in on my couch.  Sounds boring, right?  But I've been pretty busy this weekend and it's nice to have a night to just decompress and be by myself.  Anyone else feel the same?  I've already been out to a fancy dinner for a friend's birthday, and then spent the majority of my day at a local craft fair today.  I'm ready to just sit.

These photos were taken a few weeks ago when I actually went out on a Saturday night!  I hadn't seen one of my good friends since Labor Day weekend (fail!) and we finally got together for a night on the town.  It's great when you can go for long periods of time without seeing a good friend, and then when you finally do get to see them it feels like no time has passed.  You just pick up where you left off.  That's a good friendship.


blazer: Target
shirt: LC Lauren Conrad
jeans: Levi's
boots: Apt. 9
purse: Roxy
ring: H&M
scarf: Wet Seal

I want to thank everyone for the lovely comments lately!  They really brighten my day.  I've also noticed a lot regarding my hair and how I get it that way.  I'm thinking I should do a hair post soon... but to answer the basic questions I've been getting: the color is all natural, I've never dyed or highlighted my hair at all.  Any highlights come from the sun :)  And as for style, my hair has a natural wavy curl to it.  I usually just let it air dry and it ends up somewhat like this.  However, sometimes there are a few pieces that refuse to curl along with the rest and those I usually curl with a curling iron just enough to make them fit in with the natural wavy curl of the rest of my hair.  If people are interested, I might do a tutorial on this since I've gotten so many questions about it! :)

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Really nice outfit. I like your blazer and boots :) You look so put together. I am super interested in a hair tutorial since your hair is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the blazer, which has quite posed a dilemma for me lately as I've been trying desperately to find one that suits my body type and my price preference....-Jessica

    http://thirtyandgirly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING that bag. You look great! Blazers are pretty much my best friend. We pick up right where we left off when we have been apart too ;)

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bag and the outfit combo in general, so chic and cozy.
    Would you like to follow eachother?
    xoxo
    Maria
    www.avenuemaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a lovely blog! This outfit is casual but chic. Looking good! Btw your outfit from the post below is sooo pretty. :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving that bag! And your blazer! Blazers always look so fashionable, for some reason I always feel weird when I put one on and end up changing my outfit lol. Gonna try again!

    http://alittlebitoflacquer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blazer- that is a great color! I really like the ring too. Hope you enjoyed your relaxing Saturday night. :)

    Best wishes,
    http://livelyleo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how clean your pictures are. and you look gorgy. Love ur outfit and following... xx

    http://fashionfoe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are ADORABLE!!! great Blog !!! we are now following you !! would you follow us back ?




    MK Style Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this: the blazer, the ring, and the bag are great!

    you're probably one of the only people that has read my blog, i posted it on facebook a few times, but thats it really.

    ReplyDelete