Monday, November 7, 2011

That color, that chrome, those fins!

I'm not liking this end of daylight savings thing.  It was getting dark on my way home from work at 5pm this evening!  Not cool.  Not cool at all.  I'll have to start taking outfit photos solely on the weekends now since it will be my only time at home in the daylight!

Well, in happier news, these pictures were taken on a sun-filled afternoon a few weeks ago.  Ahh.


Every fall my dad likes to take his 1958 Cadillac out to photograph with the beautifully colored leaves.  This year he took me along as it was a great opportunity for a combo car/outfit photo shoot!


sweater: LC Lauren Conrad
skirt: LC Lauren Conrad
belt: Gap
shoes: Payless
necklace: gift

There's nothing like being in a huge classic car to make you feel like you rule the road.  I love it.  Classic cars are just so beautifully designed.  That color, ahh.  That chrome, ahh.  Those fins, ahh.  Just delightful.

Happy end of daylight savings to all!
And may you be able to stay awake even though it is now dark so early! :/

19 comments:

  1. The photos are beautiful :) And your skirt is so pretty, very nice outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don't know if I like the outfit more, or the car more!!
    xo,
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hating Daylight Savings time as well. I drive home from work and it is pitch black outside! I see that you are from Detroit. I lived in Ann Arbor this summer and made many frequent visits to Detroit. I am loving your outfit! The pale pink skirt is perfect for Autumn (and those shoes...swoon!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off - That car is amazing!

    I love that skirt. I actually tried it on and it looked awful on me. It looks wonderful on you though - I'm jealous! :)

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, all the colours are amazing in these photos! Love the outfit, love the trees, and love the car! A+!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that it's so frustrating that it gets dark so early!!

    And I am in love with this outfit. Love the pleated skirt and the details in the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit and what a lovely car. I wish it didn't get dark so early either. :(

    Shannon
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your hair color and the way its curled. Maybe it's natural...you're so lucky if it was!

    I really like the feminine and romantic touch to your outfit, especially those oxford pumps!

    <3, J

    http://missjess211.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks! this outfit looks super adorable on you- I love the colours with your hair, and that CAR! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous skirt and amazing car!!
    http://anairofsurprise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the lovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a combination! An outfit post and an amazing car! liking the pleated skirt and all the gorgeous tones in your outfit

    Rianna xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photos with the Cadillac. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You wear the pleated skirt so well! Adorable!

    Btw, my sister and I write a cooking blog, but we're actually doing a jewelry giveaway! You should check it out and enter, the jewelry is adorable!

    twomindscookalike.blogspot.com

    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those shoes are gorgeous! Some of my favourite shoes are from Payless ;)

    Ivory xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! I want your hair and I want your Dad's car.
    Yep, thank you muchly. ;-)
    Seriously, if I ever get to visit the US I want to drive around in a car like that. It is pretty epic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing car! I'm definitely a sucker for classic/vintage cars :) I really love your outfit as well! The Lauren Conrad skirt and shoes especially :-)

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this look! These blushtones look amazing on you! I wish I could still go tightless outside so I could pretty much copy this outfit..haha

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired
    Be Sure to Enter my Giveaway to win a Dinair Airbrush Make-Up Kit!

    ReplyDelete