Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What I [did not] Wear To The Ballet

First of all, I'm very excited for all the new followers from this past weekend!  Thanks!!  I had a request to post the outfit I wore to see The Nutcracker at the Detroit Opera House last Friday.  Well... for some reason I neglected to take outfit shots!  But I plan on recreating the outfit for some time over the holidays so I'll post it then.  In the meantime, I can pretend that I wore the outfit below to the ballet, when I actually was just testing out outfit ideas.  But I like the story of wearing it to the ballet better.  Shhh!


dress: Pitaya
tights: ?
shoes: DSW
scarf/shall: Target
bracelet: my mom's
green necklace: gift
"pearl" necklace: ?

I absolutely love the shoes I'm wearing for these pictures (and I did actually wear them to the ballet too).  I've been waiting since last winter to wear them again since they're pretty wintery looking with the velvet.  They're surprisingly pretty comfortable to wear since the straps are made from elastic, and also positioned closer up to the ankle.  Minimal hobbling involved!  The only problem is that I've worn them so much that the velvet is wearing in a few spots and I'm not sure how to re-blacken them... anyone have any suggestions?  I'm all ears!

The weather report for metro Detroit calls for snow tonight!!  I'm actually really excited.  The whole day has been constant rain, so I'm hoping it turns to snow!

Until next time...
Also, happy birthday to my dad today!!

12 comments:

  1. i love that dress! and the shawl is beautiful

    http://anairofsurprise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful. I love the cobalt dress on you!

    I have used sharpies and nail polishes to color scuffs in shoes in. Not sure if either will work but might be worth a shot.

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your vibrant blue shawl -- very kitschy-chic and versatile!


    xx,
    Ellen
    http://www.mintgreensubmarine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you tied your scarf, your scarf is gorgeous. Nice heels, I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright blue...and even more I love how you wore that shawl!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great outfit !!! Im totally IN LOVE with the way you tied the scarf!! you look beautiful !!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, gorgeous!
    I've used a Sharpie to darken things before!

    -e

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this deep cobalt blue on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful - love the cobalt blue dress and printed scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog through the Closet Intervention and I love what I read so far!! I'm following ya now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so elegant
    great inspiration
    Amazing!!!
    have a nice and stylish weekend darling
    come and say Hi, we could start a stylish friendship
    The Dolls Factory

    ReplyDelete