Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Movie Spotlight: White Christmas

I'm in the mood... in the mood for the holidays!  I have officially started my Christmas shopping.  And today I bring you photos from one of my favorite Christmas movies, Irving Berlin's White Christmas.  I watch it every year.  I know it so well that I could recite the lines as I watch.  But I don't, because that's annoying.


The two photos I included are of Rosemary Clooney's (George Clooney's mother!) gorgeous dresses in the film.  Why don't people dress like this anymore?  If I went to a nice show these days, I could guarantee you most of the people in attendance would be wearing jeans.  And I know, jeans can definitely be dressed up, but come on...  if you don't dress up for an actual dressing-up worthy occasion, when will you ever?  Anyway, back to Rosemary Clooney... look at the sweetheart neckline of the second dress!  So pretty!  If you have never seen this movie, you're missing out (add to Netflix queue asap!)

In other news, this week is absolutely crazy.  It's only 8pm right now and my eyes are about to slam shut.  I'm frantically trying to get all of my school projects/assignments done by tomorrow.  This weekend is going to be a whirlwind of craziness including Greyhound buses, old friends, another viewing of The Nutcracker, lots of driving, and two back-to-back Christmas parties that are both being hosted at my house.  Whew.  Is it Sunday night yet?  That is the next time I'll have to breathe.  But then next week is my LAST week of college!!!  Come December 14th and I will officially be DONE.  Yippee!!!

Watch that movie^!!!

10 comments:

  1. Rosemary Clooney's dresses are so pretty :) I want to watch this movie. But I can't because of finals :( Wow that's great that you will be done with college next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for almost being done with college! :) I totally agree with you that I wish people still dressed like this. I would love to get dressed up to go to the theater in a glittering ball gown and fur wrap. What girl doesn't? This is a wonderful movie, though I haven't watched it in years. Might have to watch it this year! :)

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for starting your holiday shopping. I've hardly started and know that I'm running out of time. eep!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, I'm super behind on my holiday shopping...:/

    P.S. pop by my blog and enter my holiday giveaway...I have five items up for grabs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dresses are beautiful! I haven't seen this film before but I want to now xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen this movie before, but I love classics so I'll have to rent it. :)

    Have a lovely day.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Julia :) I just wanted to let you know that I have given you a blog award : http://joyfuloutfits.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not in the Christmas mood yet, maybe it's because I haven't started my shopping yet, I'm always late!! :)

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen that, but it is definitely going on my list now!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete