Sunday, December 18, 2011

DIY: Santa Brownies

A few days ago I made these super cute Santa brownies to take over to my friend's house for a festive treat!  Aren't they cute?


and they taste good too!  Here are directions to make them yourself!  I got these directions from Daisy's World and they worked great!

Ingredients
1 pan of your favorite brownies, cooled and cut into desired size and shape (I used a round cutter)
12-16 small strawberries, cleaned and hulled
vanilla-mascarpone buttercream (recipe below)

Mascarpone Buttercream Directions
Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
2-1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
pinch of salt

How It's Done
Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment [I just used a hand mixer because I lack a stand mixer], beat butter and mascarpone cheese until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.  Add vanilla extract and salt.  Add 2-1/2 cups of sugar, half a cup at a time and continue beating until smooth.  Add more sugar, if needed to reach desired consistency and sweetness.  To assemble, pipe a ring of buttercream on top of each brownie.  Cut off the base of a strawberry so it is flat and place it upside down on each brownie, pushing slightly to secure in place.  Top the tip of the strawberry with a dot of buttercream to finish the santa hat.

Hope you enjoy!  I sure did!

And on a different note.... I'M A COLLEGE GRAD!! with a bachelors in graphic design to be specific.



^ That is how I feel, school spirit and everything!  So long Madonna University!  You were good to me :)

Happy brownie-ing!

7 comments:

  1. Woo!!! Congrats on graduating and will you please make me one of these brownies??

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brownies look awesome, I may try these out :) And congratulations on graduating!

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~YEAH JULES!!!!!!!~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    :-D

    <3
    e

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look sooo yummy!!! And adorable as hell!!! I want to make some myself)

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those looks amazing!!

    http://contagiousfashion49251.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so cute :) Next christmas I think I try it. Thank you for sharing and happy holidays. xoxo, Petra

    ReplyDelete