Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!!


Happy New Year!!  I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited for 2012.  Yesterday in my yoga class we went through very slow yoga postures and while doing so my teacher took us on a reflection through 2011.  With each breath in and each breath out we traveled through last winter, spring, summer, and fall to finally arrive at the present.  Embrace the present for it leads to a better future.  Avoid holding onto the past.

And here we are on New Year's Eve 2011.  This year has seen a lot of changes for me.  Some were very difficult (and continue to be) yet they all should have a positive result in the long run.  I don't have any regrets from this year (which is good since I shouldn't be hanging on to the past anyway... see above).  I have personal resolutions and I also have blog resolutuions.  I will share the blog ones with you:
  1. Redesign blog layout.  The current one seems very stale.  I've been so inspired by different blogs and websites that I'm almost ready to start putting together a new look for Cup of Tea.  Stay tuned for that!
  2. Start writing better on this blog.  I have decent writing skills, yet when it comes to this blog I seem to just type away without really spending time on the correct words to express myself.  I've fallen into a mediocre writing habit here.  It's like if I'm not getting paid or not getting a grade in school for it, why spend time perfecting?  But a well written blog is always more interesting, so that is one of my blog resolutions.
I would also like to give a huge thank you to my readers.  Without you I would not have the motivation to continue on with this.  I read all of your comments and emails with excitement.  I love connecting with all of you and am continually glad that I decided to start a style blog.  Thank you!


I wish you all a happy and safe New Year's Eve tonight.

Happy 2012!

1 comment: