coat: Kenneth Cole
mittens: Delia's ca. a loooong time ago
Even though after Christmas I really wanted to stay as far away from the mall as possible, I did manage to make myself attend the Macy's After Christmas sale in pursuit of a new coat. I knew exactly what I wanted and would not settle for anything other than that. My requirements for a new puffy coat were:
- Must NOT be white. Made that mistake last year and it ended up looking so dirty so fast.
- Must cover my butt. Nobody likes a cold butt.
- Must have a hood. Preferably one with faux fur trim because then I can look like an Eskimo. Is that not PC anymore?
- Must have some sort of waist belt.
- Must NOT have a stand up collar. Those things are really annoying when you try and turn your head to the side. Plus they like to gather makeup (see #1 about the white coat... bad bad bad)
All of that excitement and yesterday's temperatures hit in the low 50's. Excuse me? I have a puffy coat to wear! Mother Nature, kindly throw me some chilly days (and I wouldn't mind a nice gathering of snow either to make it more festive).
Until next time...