Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cup of Tea: Redesigned

Cup of Tea has officially received it's first makeover.  If you're reading this through some sort of blog reader, come on over to the actual site to see the changes!

Before:
After:

I've been getting so inspired by other blogs' looks that I decided it was time for an update. Some specifics I would like to point out are:

1. I've redesigned the right side-bar. It looked very cluttered before but now I've simplified the links so they're pretty and functional at the same time:

2. I've added more navigational links. This should make it easier to locate a type of post.  If you're looking for fashion inspiration visit the Outfits page. If you're looking for a DIY project to attempt visit the DIY page... you get the idea:

I hope you all enjoy the new look! Take note of the Featured Creative section. For more info on this visit the Contact page.

What do you think?  If you find any bugs let me know so I can fix them ASAP!  I'm pretty sure I've got everything working correctly, though you never know when HTML is going to bite your bum.  It really likes to bite mine.

Thoughts?

13 comments:

  1. I think the design is truly lovely. I love the combination between the pastel pink and the mint background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Very nice! :-D

    -e

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic! I love a streamlined blog.
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your changes are nice and streamlined! I changed a ton of stuff on mine this week too. I think doing changes like this makes your blog look more professional and user friendly!

    Sorry about the delete one of my sentences didn't make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new layout is so pretty, I really like your header! Pink and green is such a lovely combination. I'm thinking of changing my layout too, but I still need to learn html stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like it and the colors, especially the header. And it's more organized, which is nice! It took me so long to get the hang of HTML (my engineering professor should be ashamed of me haha!) but the worst is when you think you have it...and then you don't (bummer).

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great! I am loving your new blog look and all the little features! :) Looking gooooood!
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the update, Julia! It looks so fresh and clean. Gorgeous. :)

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new look... definitely more clean and streamlined. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the redesign! Just wondering, did you use the "Pages" feature to create the horizontal nav bar at the top?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is so attractive and unique. I always appreciate novel ideas as you have projected in your blog. Count me as a new follower.
    http://jhilmildsaha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it looks beautiful! Well done.

    Shannon
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice!
    You have a great blog!
    http://kate-fashionschtick-kate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete