Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Legs Have Gone PLUM CRAZY!

There's finally snow on the ground!  And it has stayed there for over 24 hours (and counting)!  That's progress... now I just want some real snow.  As in snow day type snow.  I am happy that I captured the snow flakes falling in these pictures.  So pretty.


I was feeling a bit quirky today with my outfit choice.  I've probably had these purple tights for five years now and have only worn them once.  I always feel silly with them yet I still love them and can't throw them out.  So I figured it was time to put them on again!


How do you feel about strappy summer wedges worn with tights in the winter?  I gotta say, I thought it was kinda silly looking at first but then warmed up to it a bit (no pun intended).  My new feelings are that as long as the toe seam is not showing, you're good.  But that's just one woman's opinion.


skirt: The Limited
tights: Express
blouse: Girlfriends LA (super old school!!)
vest: Forever21
owl necklace: gift
black wedges: Target

What a perfect Saturday afternoon.  I'm sitting in my living room as I type this, looking out the window and watching the snow fall with my cup of hot tea!  Yay!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend so far!

Until next time...

20 comments:

  1. Love the colored tights and owl necklace! http://www.fashionatabargain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooomygosh it was the first snowfall in vancouver yesteday too! What a coincidence haha. I actually like the purple tights :)

    vonnie <3
    ohsovonnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love the purple tights and that skirt! You are so lucky it's snowing! -Jessica

    http://thirtyandgirly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That owl necklace is lovely and I happen to have a pair of purple tights that I have yet to wear too! lol

    -Amanda
    http://lovely-charming-delightful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, I'm a Julia too :)
    Gorgeous photos, the snow is so pretty and I love your skirt!
    Your strapy shoes look great with those bright tights too xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. I don't know how you stand out in the snow and freezing cold and still look pretty.

    2. I need that owl necklace! It's adorable!

    3. I love the purple tights. It's a great pop of color!

    4. Sorry I numbered these?

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vest with this outfit - so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your purple tights, adds such a nice color in your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the navy and the purple together. And the vest and floral top is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your feet must be so cold hehe :)

    Mallory
    whitwatwear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! Hmm, good thing I ordered that blouse like twelve years ago. ;)

    -e

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I just found your blog and I think it's AMAZING! The pics are great and I can see that You really like what you do here! I love people with great ideas, like you!
    Your blog is inspiring! I will follow you!
    xoxo

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your tights:) You must have been so cold taking these pictures!!

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look! The purple tights add that extra somethin', somethin. I wear open toes with tights in the winter - my mom hates it though. lol.

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving the purple tights, and I don't think they look quirky at all. You look lovely.

    xo,
    Shannon
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice outfit!! (:

    lepinkbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the outfit and the photos are gorgeous with the snowflakes falling!! truly stunning.

    PS. Following you too now gorgeous.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm all over wearing strappy sandals with tights! It just looks super cute! Oh, I am smitten by the snow in your pictures! And your whole outfit is very pretty! :)
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute skirt & vest - the little owl necklace is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete