Thursday, January 19, 2012

Resurrected Buttons

Where does the time go?  And how is it already Thursday?  Don't get me wrong, I love that the weekend is only one day away, but really, I thought it was just last weekend?  Anyway...


oxford shirt: H&M | cardigan: Delia's ca. 2005 | jeans: American Eagle | heels: Steve Madden


I've had this cardigan for 7 years now and I still love it.  I bought it back in high school and wore it so much.  Then it retired for a few years and now I'm resurrecting it.  It's kind of short, because the styles were shorter 7 years ago, but now it looks appropriate over a longer shirt, like my oxford button-up.  I receive a lot of compliments on the buttons.  Most people ask if I did that myself, but no, I wasn't that creative.  I just recognized the creativity in someone else's design!  I also have this cardigan in ivory, so don't be surprised if you spot that one soon.  I love rediscovering old loves!

Hope everyone's bundled up!  Winter is finally here!

P.S.
I officially have 90 Google Friend Connect followers!  Yay!  My readers are growing, slowly but surely!  Thanks all! :)

11 comments:

  1. I love those buttons! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cardigan, it's so pretty!!
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the short cardi over the longer shirt - totally cute! And your hair looks amazing :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. The buttons on your cardigan are so cute, looks awesome layered over your longer shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your cardigan! The buttons are dazzling ~ they're quite unique.

    Jo Bao ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww!!pretty photos!! ;D
    I like your blog! its so nice!!♥
    By the way, I started a blog with my Boyfriend
    and i hope you can check it, and if you like it
    can follow us and comment!! :D
    Have A nice day!!♥

    http://august19th.blogspot.com/
    http://august19th.blogspot.com/
    http://august19th.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at that- a re-discovered lovely cardigan! I love when that happens, and this one is gorgeous! Such pretty button detail too!!! Yay, so glad you took it out again! :)
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so cute and I love your blog :) Just started following! Us redheads have to stick together!!

    This outfit is super cute and I love the button details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loooove a classic look like this. And by the way I'm really loving you're new look! The site looks amaaaazing!

    -xx-
    http://www.myvoguishdiaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought for SURE this was a DIY - I fully intend to grab an old cardi and throw on a bunch of the spare buttons I have hanging around.

    ReplyDelete