Sunday, January 1, 2012

Shorts In December

First post of 2012!  I would like to start posting more outfits, so I'll start the year off right with one!  This is what I ended up wearing on Christmas day last week.  It's not what you'd usually expect for Christmas-wear, but this year my Christmas was pretty casual.

^me being me (clicking my heels on Christmas day and dancing around...)

sweater: Macy's Love Change
tank: H&M
shorts: LC Lauren Conrad
boot socks: Target
boots: Civico 10
acorn necklace: American Eagle
snowflake/star necklace: gift

I hesitated with whether to keep or return these shorts because I wasn't quite sure how to wear them or if I'd feel comfortable wearing them.  I ended up keeping them and came up with this outfit in a time crunch on the way to my cousin's house that day.  I'm aware that some people think it's dumb to wear shorts with tights under them in the winter.  I don't care.

I hope everyone had a fun New Year's Eve last night!  I know I did!  Oh, and completely unrelated, I'm currently pretty jealous of all you bloggers in the southern hemisphere.  I miss that sun and green grass that I see in your photos!  But for now I guess I'll have to be satisfied with dark, cloudy days and rain/snowy days.

Until next time...


15 comments:

  1. I really love your sweater!! And I don't think it's dumb to wear shorts with tight :)

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute! Happy new year darling, I hope 2012 is good to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit, especially the sweater! I want to start posting more outfits too, kind of a Resolution I guess? Happy 2012!

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit! I love how romantic and quirky sweater looks when paired with pretty necklaces.
    Happy New Year to you too!
    ♥ Maria
    http://avenuemaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great look, especially since I'm having a moment with boot socks. Good call on keeping these shorts and pairing them with this adorable sweater, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your shorts! You look gorgeous.. Happy New Year's

    follow me :)
    www.amazinglybe-au-tiful.blogspot.com

    xox,
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, sweetie! I am glad you didn't return those shorts! Looks great like that with tights and boots! And I really adore your acorn necklace- hopefully I can still get it :)
    I am a follower of your lovely blog, and maybe you could follow me as well if you'd like :)
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought those shorts on Friday! :) Great minds. I intend to wear mine with tights too this winter. You look absolutely fabulous in them. Loving the sweater paired with it. Happy New Year!

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog! And I'm glad I did, you have yourself a new follower! I was debating if I could pull of tights and shorts this week, but you've inspired me too! Happy new year!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post! And happy new year to you! :)

    www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your outfit- I love wearing tights under shorts, sometimes I just get fed up of boring old jeans! That acorn necklace is so cute!
    Happy new year!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so cute & comfy...I love wearing shorts with tights!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hah, I literally just wore the exact same style shorts with brown tights over the weekend. I'll post them soon so we can have a good laugh:) I love sweater and I love that you're rocking the shorts, tights combo in Dec! XO

    real budget, real busy, real body fashion:
    4scarlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julia! I'm obsessed with this outfit from head to toe!!! Looks sooo good on you! PS: Happy New Year!

    -xx-
    medge

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOOOOOOOOOVE this outfit. Everything about it. I love the shorts and the boots/socks. I hope that 2012 treats you wonderfully.
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete