Monday, January 2, 2012

Wine and The Game of LIFE

This year New Year's Eve was pretty low-key.  But it also happens to be a holiday that I love to get dressed up for so that didn't stop me from wearing a dress and heels! 


Because of it getting dark so early, I had to have these pictures taken before I was actually ready for the evening.  I hate having to do that.  I got dressed up really quick and took pics, then put my comfy house-cleaning clothes back on, and then proceeded to get dressed up again for the real thing.  By that time it was dark and I had my sister photograph the actual ensemble inside (note the added belt, makeup, and fixed hair which I'm sure you wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't just pointed it out to you):


dress: Forever21
blazer: Target
necklace: vintage
belt: Charlotte Russe
shoes: Mix No. 6
bracelets: gift
watch: Target

Two of my friends and I decided to splurge on a fancy dinner so I didn't get dressed up to just sit on the couch.  However, we did end up going back to my house to drink wine and play LIFE (the best board game ever created by the way) while we mocked the Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve performances (all in good humor of course).  The only band performance that actually caught my attention was Florence & The Machine; the rest were just silly to watch (I choose the word 'silly' because everything seems silly while consuming excessive amounts of Trader Joe's wine and playing LIFE, I really know how to throw a major blow-out on NYE let me tell you...)


Crack open another bottle!  The mini-van containing my pink self and my blue husband just landed on a square that told me I had to give birth to twins even though I make the lowest-salary available and live in a house that would for sure put me in debt.  But the game said I had to.  Ahh LIFE, I get to see all of the different ways my life could go.  I think I'll just stick with my actual life though, that one seems better so far.

Overall I had a pretty fun night.  I lost the game but had a fabulous time doing it!

Until next time...

25 comments:

  1. Girl, that dress is TOO cute. and i friggin' adore Pan Am -- no offense taken at ALL ;) Thanks for the love on my blog! <3

    xx,
    Ellen
    http://www.mintgreensubmarine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to read to had a great, fun celebration! I must try now that LIFE board game... :) anyways, I adore your lovely dress! Pairing it with the all black outfit makes it look really dressy and glamorous!!! You look very pretty! Happy New Year, and thank you so much for your kindness! :)
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love, love, love this dress! I'm finally catching back up on my blog reading and I feel like I've missed so much so I'll be doing some reading and commenting :)
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair! Are you naturally a red head? :)
    The dress matches you very well! Following you!

    vonnie <3
    ohsovonnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dress. So glad I found your blog! Hope you continue to have a great new year!

    whosthisani.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the outfit. I especially the target blazer. I hate how it gets so dark so fast in the winter. But you look great in the before and after you officially got ready.

    I haven't played the game LIFE in a long time. Glad you enjoyed it even though you didn't get all the best cards.

    great blog and post. Wishing you a happy new year.

    myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfit and this pictures, you look so good, that dress is really beautiful, the print, the shape are all perfect also you are very beautiful and your jacket rocks! Your blog is lovely by the way and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit Julia! I need a great black blazer. Happy New Year and please check out my blog as well http://www.fashionatabargain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your polka dot dress and blazer, I like your dressed up outfit :) LIFE is such a fun game, but somehow I always lose haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia! I love that polka dot dress so much! You look fantastic. For the record wine, games and giggling at Justin Bieber sounds fab to me!

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. ADORABLE in polka dots and a blazer! Also adorable playing LIFE and drinking wine. Perfect night:) XO


    real budget, real busy, real body fashion:
    4scarlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous dress, looks lovely on you!

    Hope you had a wonderful New Year!

    Check out my blog for a review of V Nunes jewelry, thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that polka dot dress....you look SO cute! And, gotta love a night that ends with board games :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable outfit w/ the polka dots ... Fantastic watch as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look sooo CUTE in that dress!!! love how you added the belt!! im totally trying this board game !

    MK Style Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome ideas put together i find here.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I love your outfit, very very chic and fun at the same time. Wine and board games, sounds like my kind of night! Happy New Years

    xo, Gillie
    http://grassettagillie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi found you on IFB. That outfit is great. The dress is cute :)

    ~S
    Sing Simple

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this outfit! The dress with the blazer is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that dress is amazing! forever 21 is a great place, isn't it?!

    xx
    alyssa
    we're au courant

    ReplyDelete
  22. This Outfit is so pretty. I love it. You look so gorgeous in it. Great Job :-)

    xoxo, Petra

    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your dress! I have a similar one haha I like how you styled yours :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that dress!

    Rachael
    anddarlingvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete