Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chicago in Instagram

Here's my Instagram recap from my Chicago trip last weekend!  My friends and I took the Megabus into the city.  I highly recommend using the Megabus if it runs in your area... I only paid $37 round trip and I know you can get tickets for even less than that!  Anyway, the photo recap:

top from left:
  • Kristin and I on the bus!  Look at those excited faces...
  • We got into Chicago pretty late at the only place open that we could find was a tasty pizza place with some nice cold beer.  Excellent.
  • Me posing outside of the Shedd Aquarium... I don't remember what this was a statue of though, haha
  • Octopus inside the Shedd Aquarium!  So cool!!
  • Stopped in at the Chicago Cultural Center for the Morbid Curiosity exhibit.  Most of it was pretty strange, I will admit...
  • One of the two Tiffany Domes inside the Cultural Center
  • Paris, Kristin, and me in front of the Millennium Park bean!  Of course we had to get this pic.
  • Out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory!  We met up with our friend June who lives in Chicago.
  • View of the city from the 95th floor of the Hancock building
  • Navy Pier!  Not too much to do in the winter but still fun to see!
  • Paris and me!
  • Shoes at Aldo!  We went shopping while we waited 2 hours to be seated for dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe.  So worth the wait though.
And that's pretty much it!  It was such a fun trip and I would definitely go back... only next time in the summer! Do any of you live in the Chicago area?  Or have you visited?  I've been a handful of times and always enjoy myself.

Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. looks like sooo much fun! The shoes are so gorgeous and the octopus picture is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! What's your instagram? I want to follow you :)

    amber-eve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber! My Instagram name is juliarenkert
      I would love to follow you back! :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a great trip :)

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to Chicago but it looks like such a fun city to visit!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous! Looks like such a great time.
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures, I'd love to go to Chicago! Sounds and looks amazing!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing recap! What a beautiful city, I actually almost moved there about 4 years ago... but then I met my husband, and now we live the opposite way :) Oh, I will try to find you on Instagram and follow you there too :)
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't find you.. find me, I'm moonstick!
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete