Today I bring you a simple and easy DIY Doily Valentine! Make one of these for someone you care about!
What you'll need:
- colored construction paper
- double-sided tape (permanent works best)
- Start folding the sides of the doily in create the shape of an envelope.
- Use double-sided tape to hold in the sides.
- Measure the width of the doily envelope you just created.
- Cut out a piece of colored paper to use for the valentine. Make sure the width of the colored paper is just a tad bit smaller than the width of the doily envelope so it will fit inside easily.
- Fold the colored paper to make a card, and attach a doily to the inside (use double-sided tape and then cut off the sides of the doily if it's too wide to fit)
- Write your message inside! Mine is kinda lame, but you get the idea...
- Fold up your message and put it inside your doily envelope! Depending on what your doilies are like, you should be able to see the colored paper show through. Pretty!
It's nothing too special or fancy, but sometimes it just feels better to make cards instead of dishing out $4 for a Hallmark card that someone else wrote for you. Mine kinda looks like a 5-year old did it, but I'm sure you can make yours better :)
Now, what I will call a Hallmark Holiday is Sweetest Day...because it is. But that is a rant for another day!