Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Instant Nostalgia

The birthday countdown continues! Only 5 days until February 13th! Yay.

top: LC Lauren Conrad | vest: Forever21 | jeans: Levi's | boots: Apt. 9 |
necklace: Bittersweet Nostalgia | watch: Target

What is it about "aging" a photograph that is so satisfying?  With just the application of an action in Photoshop, my photos suddenly look like they could have been taken 40 years ago (aside from the fact that the style of clothes and years of cars can tell the viewer my photos are not actually that old).  As the art of photography advances with technology, a lot of us want to go backwards to create an imperfect image.  Now you don't even have to know how to work Photoshop to create the effect.  With Instagram being at the fingertips of anyone with a smartphone, we're all stuck in the '70s!

I try to refrain from coloring my photos too often because it can look tiring after a while, especially now that everyone knows how to do it.  But once and a while it is fun to create that look of nostalgia for a time period that I wasn't even alive in.  Ahh.

Unrelated: While these photos were being taken I had my first Bella sighting of the year!  My next door neighbor's cat is the cutest thing in the world, and she likes to hangout around my house.  She sits on my front porch and looks in the window a lot.  I've missed her since she's been inside for the winter!  And I managed to snap her pic too!  Apparently she wasn't up for a photo shoot as seen by this action shot of her running away:


Have a great day!
P.S.
Cup of Tea now has over 100 Google Friend Connect followers!  Thank you to all my readers!  I appreciate you and all of your lovely comments! :)

17 comments:

  1. Really liking that vest a lot! And that cat is adorable (while in motion). I'm really allergic to cats unfortunately. Don't worry, that doesn't stop me!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vest looks very nice, I like this outfit a lot! The editing of the photos looks pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous print on that top and the vest is so cute. It shows off how slim you are. Aging photos totally rocks. So addicting!

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Bella is really cute! And I am loving the vest over the blouse you're wearing! I agree, I actually do not have a photoshop, but I am longing for a really good camera though... and Instagram is awesome for that reason! :)
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love aging pictures, I find it really nice :)

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your top and happy early birthday! Mine's coming up at the end of February :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That vest is so cute! I wish I hadn't donated mine to Goodwill! I just didn't know how to style it at the time! Sounds stupid, I know. -Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Julia that was such a sweet comment. You have the most gorgeous hair length and color! I just threw my hair into a messy bun since it wasn't clean ;P haha. I'm following ya back girl.

    xo
    dearest-lou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANKS SO MUCH FOR STOPPING BY SWEETIE! YOU LOOK AMAZING BTW AND, OF COURSE, I FOLLOW BACK!
    XOXO,
    FASHIONHYPNOTISED GIRL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this outfit - the vest looks so cute over that blouse :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing hair ! kiss x



    http://mfashionmyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. would love to have a vest like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy birthday! great outfit, i am loving that vest.

    xo,
    blushingbasics.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh I love this outfit too! Love your style. This pics are great !

    Allie Ruth Morris

    ReplyDelete