Thursday, March 8, 2012

Black to Basics

I love wearing black.  I'm not depressed, I'm not Gothic, I just love wearing black.  Furthering this love, my favorite fashion "rule" to break is combining black and brown!


black sweater and belt: H&M | black tank: H&M | jeans: American Eagle | shoes: Steve Madden | necklace: gift | leaf ring: LC Lauren Conrad | black heart ring: gift | watch: Target | bracelet: H&M

Black and brown is a basic combination that always looks good.  Plus, with yesterday's weather being so gorgeous (it got up to around 65 degrees!) it was nice to wear short sleeves and not be freezing!  With spring weather brings spring breezes though, as seen in picture three with my hair.  I decided against posting the one where my hair is flying straight up towards the sky, it looked a bit too crazy!

I hope the warmer weather sticks around!  I have this fear that Mother Nature will give Michigan a snow blizzard before spring hits for real.  But until then, I'm enjoying my short sleeves!

Until next time!

13 comments:

  1. LOVE it! Your hair looks super pretty :) Well, so do you!
    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute look! Your owl necklace is totally adorable. I love wearing black too but lately I am learning to embrace wearing color :) My hair was also super wind blown yesterday after silly me decided to take photos on the beach and my hair kept sticking to my lip gloss!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wind machine is doing nice things to your hair! Cute jeans, too. The last time I wore a lot of black I was genuinely surprised about how dramatic it looked! You don't look goth or depressed, just cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great, and it was breezy here in California, too lately. Cheers to wearing black and brown together! A classic combo in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those shoes...so cute and detailed. When I first looked at the pics, I thought you were wearing a peplum top and loved that! I like what the belt does for your outfit, really makes it fun.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wear black and brown together too! haha It is totally not a fashion no no anymore ;)


    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely adorable! I love black and brown together as well.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. nothing wrong with black! i love black, but have learned to incorporate colors into my wardrobe. love the woven look of your shoes...too cute!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I love black and brown together also. I love your necklace and flats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have those shoes! Aren't they so versatile?

    Congrats on being one of the Fab 5 in the LC contest! Good luck.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a cute blog, and really cute out fit too. I saw you were a finaly five on LC... so congrats x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog through LC's site. Congrats and that's so exciting to be nominated! Totally agree with you that wearing black is so nice and doesn't have to be gothic.

    Great post, following you now
    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely outfit, awesome shoes!!
    Found your blog on IFB and immediately follow! If you check out mine as well it would be very nice :)

    just JE NE SAIS QUOI
    Independent Fashion Bloggers
    about.me/Jesika

    ReplyDelete