Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Boots & Basketball Brackets

After Michigan's spurt of summer-like weather a few weeks ago I realized that I soon will have to send my leather riding boots into hibernation!  How sad!  I have worn these boots so many times this past fall and winter and am sad that soon it will be too warm to wear them.  Nobody likes sweaty legs.  I figured I better get in some more of my favorite dark colored pieces before it looks too weird in the upcoming warm weather seasons.


dress: Urban Outfitters | sweater: Gap | leggings: Target | boots: Civico 10
belt: Pitaya | Necklace: Heritage 1981

In other news, this morning I discovered I won first place with my basketball brackets!!  This is so humorous to me because I am probably the least qualified person to have even filled out a bracket.  I know nothing about basketball.  I couldn't even tell you a player's name.  Beginner's luck I suppose!!  My plan is to put the money towards my EUROPE 2013 trip!!

Anyone else have any luck with their basketball brackets this year?

Happy Tuesday!

14 comments:

  1. I love this outfit. It makes me sad that we can't bundle up like it's fall anymore. I guess I should bust out my shorts and tank tops. Congrats on your bracket! I butchered everything but I got the winner right {go kentucky! :)}.

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on your bracket!! And is it ok that I plan to wear my riding boots until my legs can't take it anymore? Very cute dress.
    Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Julia! Love riding boots as well! and they work on a cooler evening in summer I think :) you look amazing :)
    xx
    nicole
    http://roccitystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit! Your dress is so pretty on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit Julia your hair is so pretty and I love your boots!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your bracket! I also like your attitude about your boots- I've been grumpy about boots lately because it's still cold here and I'm so ready for sandals, but I'm going to turn my attitude around and enjoy my pretty boots while I still can! Thanks!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yay congratulations on the basketball brackets, the Europe tour sounds like a lot of fun! I like this outfit a lot, the purple color is lovely and the riding boots are such a classic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really loving the shape, color and collar detail of that sweet dress. Such a great piece. I am not sad about putting my boots away. I love summer and can't wait for it!
    I never have luck with my bracket. Ever. Congratulations on your win! :)

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That purple dress is so pretty on you, Julia! Congrats on winning the bracket! I actually can't wait to retire my boots for sandals, feels like I've been wearing them forever. :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog... so cute! I love this dress! (Also, where are you planning on going on your Europe trip? That sounds so awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those boots! Way to rock them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sports illiterate...definitely didn't make a bracket! But I've done pretty well with predicting college football outcomes when that season rolls around :)

    Love your dress neckline...perfect for displaying the pretty necklace and the detail is just darling.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice outfit! compliments!

    http://themadcreationist.blogspot.it/

    Giuseppe

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally know what you mean. I love wearing different layers in the winter time and wearing cute boots but your outfit looks fab on you and I can't wait to see your spring fashions =)

    ReplyDelete