Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Inner Flower Child

Yesterday I let my inner flower child shine through!


shirt & belt: Target | jeans: Ann Taylor LOFT | shoes: Payless | necklace: Bittersweet Nostalgia

I used to wear a lot more flower child/peasant looking clothing in middle school and high school, but it kind of took backseat throughout college.  When I saw this top at Target I fell in love all over again! Combined with a pair of flared jeans (or should I say bell bottoms?) and my peace-sign necklace, you should really send me packing for the past.

It's probably easier for me to dress in a dated fashion than someone who actually lived in that time.  That would be like me wearing the double-holed belt (Google it) that I probably have stashed away somewhere to show my future children.  I really hope that style doesn't return anytime soon.  If it does, I'm not participating again.

Happy Wednesday!

P.S.
Doesn't my arm in the second picture remind you of a Barbie doll?  I reminds me of a Barbie doll.  It's kind of awkwardly placed near my thigh as if doesn't actually bend any further.  :D

12 comments:

  1. I am loving the floral tunic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! I'm totally jealous of how you curl your hair. It always looks really good. Loving the belt with this blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha "double holed belt". I remember those. I think I even owned like a black and silver metal double holed belt. Who knows what I was thinking. Anyways, I love this floral top. And not to sound like a creep, but those jeans are really flattering!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit and your hair is beautiful!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look lovely, but i am sure you are right about it being easier for younger generations to wear fashion like this because we didn't experience it the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. simple & perfect. and i agree with your assessment...plus, that makes it all the easier to find things in thrift shops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the boho vibe on you, Julia! Haha about the double holed belt...I probably still have one hidden in my closet.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flowy floral top is so pretty and it looks amazing with the bell bottom jeans :) I like this boho style so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The floral tunic top is so pretty belted over those light wash jeans...spring, hippies, and sunshine!


    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely photos, beautiful top!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're rocking those flared jeans! love the boho, flowy vibe from your outfit :)

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete