Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What I Wore to Tea Time {april}

What a busy week it's been so far! I've had my nose in web code non-stop between work and my class. My eyes are tired! Before I turn my eyes off for the day though, I'd like to share what I wore to my second Tea Time this past Sunday.

April's theme was April Showers, so I appropriately paired an umbrella with bare feet. Who doesn't love the rain in bare feet?

dress: vintage (my grandma made it!) | umbrella: Sundance | ring: Stella & Dot | belt: H&M | watch: gift | necklace: gift

I love this dress. My grandma made it way back when and proceeded to wear it after having five kids.  I think that's pretty impressive!

In other news, I'd like to thank Kristine for awarding Cup of Tea the Versatile Blogger Award and Sara Marie for awarding Cup of Tea the Liebster Blog Award! It means so much to me that you noticed my blog, so thank you! :)

Enjoy the rest of the week!
 

16 comments:

  1. It is awesome you have a dress your grandma made. And that you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely dress! I love that you did is barefoot :)

    http://www.mythriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandma made a killer dress. The print and cut are great on you! That umbrella is beyond adorable. Great pics! :)

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that your grandma made the dress! I love that your umbrella matches your pedicure :) Congrats on the blogger awards, Julia!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - That dress is awesome... and even more awesome that your grams made and wore it!! And that umbrella... prettiest one I've seen yet! Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is so so gorgeous and it fits you PERFECTLY. Your grandma did an amazingly beautiful job.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the floral dress is pretty cool!
    ...in <3 with the lightblue nailpolish
    x the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what an amazing story behind your gorgeous dress! A truly inspiring piece to own! You look beautiful, and I so agree of how fun it is to step outside barefoot after it rains... just lovely! :)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool that your grandma made the dress, it looks beautiful! I really like the pretty pleats and florals :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is so gorgeous, and looks amazing with the blue in that umbrella - well done!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha, adorable&funny <3
    cheers :*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely dress! I'm a new member of IFB and noticed your adorable blog. I'll be following your posts on Facebook. Kindly visit mine if you can. Thanks much. Marissa

    Blog: http://www.ninnalu.typepad.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/shopninnalu

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is an incredible dress! Plus its gorgeous paired with your pretty blue umbrella. Can't believe your grandma made it!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is so cool that your grandma made this dress! it is so cute! and the tree behind you in beautiful in the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress is amazing!! I love dresses that hit the knees, and the print/color is to die for! Gorgeous girl! It's very original!
    I'm a new follower! -Do the same? :)
    www.emseyespybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your dress! so adorable!

    ReplyDelete