Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Basic is the Way to Go

Today I come to you somewhat unprepared.  I've failed to photograph my outfits lately, as they were rather uninteresting.  However, yesterday I was was finally inspired to put a new outfit together and it was pouring rain all day long so I failed to document it with photos.  Hopefully I'll have time to recreate the look this weekend!

So today I bring you photos I took last month and never got around to posting.


dress: Target (similar) | jean jacket: American Eagle | necklace: American Eagle

I love a black cotton dress.  Sometimes just wearing a basic is the way to go.  Wouldn't you agree?

Also, Cup of Tea's Facebook page is so close to hitting 100 likes!  So if you're feeling helpful, come on over and like my page! :)

Hope everyone is having a great week!


15 comments:

  1. love. and everyone needs a denim jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look, pretty necklace!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Julia! A LBD is classic and I love how you made it into a casual look with the denim jacket :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is SO pretty on you, and love the jean jacket :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this denim jacket. And that necklace is simple and pretty. Those are the best kinds!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I REALLY like this outfit! I posted something somewhat similar a little while back with my coral jean jacket, but I like yours way better. I love that the dress is pretty fancy, the jacket is SUPER casual, and the accessories are simple. Way to make a fabulous outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog! You have adorable style. This outfit is so simple and so cute. Denim jackets and dresses are the perfect combination.

    Emily
    a-devine-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The denim jacket is perfect over the cotton dress! And the sandals are great, I love this casual and pretty look :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sigh, i love target finds. you look so comfy and southern here haha i really like it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Basics always make the best outfits! I love the denim jacket and I love your little black dress! Super cute!

    -xx-
    medge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I totally agree!! I'm looking to buy a simple black maxi dress to wear with cardigans or a cute denim jacket like yours. Love this week - hope your week is fabulous, Julia!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eep, I meant "look" not week - oops! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. simple perfection! love a basic black dress and denim topper!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my perfect weekend look :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete