Sunday, May 13, 2012

I Fought the Mannequin and Won

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there!  What a busy weekend I had.  Weekend highlights include: ice cream, napping, dancing, mom-time :D


blue shirt: American Eagle | crochet top: LC Lauren Conrad | jeans: Hollister
shoes: Guess (similar) | necklace: Forever 21

Last weekend I went to Kohl's armed with a bunch of store credit that I've been saving for summery clothes.  I spotted this lovely 70's inspired crochet top from the LC Lauren Conrad collection on the mannequin and, of course, it was nowhere to be found on the racks.  Luckily, the mannequin was wearing my size.  It took about three store employees attempting get it off of her before she reluctantly handed it over (the employees couldn't get the mannequin unscrewed from the display).  I was causing a ruckus!  Good thing I actually liked what it looked like on me or else I would have felt bad!  But I like it and the mannequin got a new outfit to wear since I took her original one.  Kohl's success!

Hope you all had a great weekend!


14 comments:

  1. Haha that happened to me once. It was super awkward, but clothes on mannequins in general are really awkward. Love this crochet top! So it was worth the struggle!

    p.s. I really like those wedges. I feel like those might not make me freakishly tall.

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your layering on top! & that's the cutest little yard. and hey, whooo cares, the mannequin didn't need it as badly as you did & sometimes it gets down to the wire! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty crochet top Julia! Love how you styled it :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Julia! How awesome that the mannequin was wearing your size and it fit perfectly :) I love that you layered a blue top underneath.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I've had to take the mannequin's clothes before too :D You look adorable, I really like those shoes. And dancing, ice cream and napping? Sounds like my type of weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Crochet top! you look lovely

    With Love,
    PurePreciousPerfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this look!!! Crochet is so perfect for warm weather.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfit, I love your wedge sandals! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you won..cause this looks WAY amazing on you! It's perfect for your wardrobe, style it again soon. Also...love that turquoise colour!


    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crochet top is so pretty, I love how you layered the pretty blue tee underneath! haha good thing you won :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the crochet on top of the blue t-shirt!!

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha! Glad you made it out of the store with that top...I'm pretty much obsessed with my lace top...so I'm sure you will get lots of use from yours :)

    Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

    ReplyDelete