Monday, May 21, 2012

Strolling with Wine

What fabulous weekend I had!  Saturday I participated in a Wine Stroll through my downtown.  This was the first year I'd done it and it was so much fun!  What a tiring day though.  Hot hot weather and lots of walking combined with drinking wine.  I think the appropriate word here would be woof (and I'm sure my coworkers would agree!).

dress: thrifted from That Girl | necklace: gift | wristlet: Express
shoes: LC Lauren Conrad

Wearing a breezy cotton dress turned out to be perfect.  I was able to look nice and be comfortable with all of the walking and heat.  I couldn't think of a better idea for shoes, as my only other more comfy option would have been tennis shoes, and I'm not one to combine those with a dress.  My greatest victory was successfully not getting sunburned!  I am a master at applying sunscreen you know, being a redhead and all.

One final comment on these pictures of what I wore to Wine Stroll: I'm SO glad I photographed beforehand.  Let's just say I wasn't quite as photogenic afterwards. ;)

P.S. Cup of Tea has reached over 200 followers on Google Friend Connect!  Thank you! I appreciate you and all of your lovely comments! :)

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shade of blue on you! And I love how you paired it with that beautiful necklace :) Hope you had a great weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color on you! It looks really great. And a wine stroll sounds fun! ...until you were feeling the wine headache come on and the sweat pouring haha. I'm glad you had a good time!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that color blue on you. I'm also an expert at applying sunscreen (out of necessity)...haha.
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    Enter My Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I love the dress and the sandals. I love cute sandals.
    Carlee

    http://allthingsaveragegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to walk around with some wine right now :) Beautiful dress

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cute! Strolling with wine sounds so good! (Although, I am just standing with wine right now...)

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun event! And I'm loving your necklace...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. blue.blue and blue. I LOVE blue. you look so fresh and nice dress :D

    visiting me:
    lyamalia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color of your dress, looks lovely on you.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wine stroll sounds SO fun - and love that blue dress on you...you look so pretty! Congrats on 200 followers :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wine stroll sounds like a great time! That turquoise color is stunning on you...it really compliments your red hair nicely :) Congrats on reaching 200!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like so much fun & this dress + those shoes are just so, so cute!! Love this easy & summery outfit... aw, haha good call on taking the pictures first. I've so been there!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fun weekend! Love this cute Summer dress of yours - the colour looks lovely on you! Also adoring the cute wristlet & pretty necklace :)

    <3 Shawna
    Serpentine Streets

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi julia! glad i came across your blog because it is so cute! and can i say that your dress looks stunning with your beautiful hair. seriously. blue is definitely your color! :)

    andrea brionne @thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blue dress looks so comfy (but it's super cute at the same time!) The necklace looks so nice with it, I really like colorful necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the color of your dress! And a wine stroll sounds like a really fun activity!

    ReplyDelete
  17. a wine stroll sounds so lovely...bet you had a blast from the sounds of it! heh. Love the light blue color on you. I hear you about the warm weekend. It was crazy in Grand Rapids how hot it was! Dresses and skirts are a must right now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay on a wine stroll in a pretty blue dress! You look lovely! And yes, pictures first before such event! Because wind gets the hair messy... you know... the wind... ;)
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. a wine stroll sounds pretty amazing! and you look gorgeous and easy, breezy! (i'm sure you looked great afterwards, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Julia! You can bet I'm loving that dress! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete