Sunday, June 3, 2012

Greek Goddess

I'm counting down the days until I can go on a mini-vacation (weekend trip) up north to relax in an Adirondack chair, book & iced tea in hand.  That will be happening next weekend!  I haven't been up to my family's cottage for almost a year.  I don't know how that happens!  John Lennon's famous quotation, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans" comes to mind.  Oh life.  How have you kept me away from this particular relaxing adventure for so long?


maxi dress: c/o House of Maxi | shoes: Report | necklace: gift

Kathryn from House of Maxi generously sent me this beautiful maxi dress a few weeks ago.  Let me just say that I have found my new best friend (as far as clothing goes).  I've never owned a maxi dress or skirt, so when Kathryn asked if I would like to style one I hopped up and down saying "yes!!" (of course, she couldn't actually see me hopping, but I was!)

I anxiously waited for her site to officially launch in April so that USA shoppers could order their own awesome maxi dress online.  I got to choose from a variety of different styles and color combinations.  I ended up going with buttercup because I think it makes my hair seem even brighter than it already is, and I love embracing my natural red hair!  The quality of this dress is super nice.  Handmade by Kathryn, you are sure to get a beautiful maxi dress.  It was perfect for wearing on Michigan's 95 degree day last Monday, and then also worked when the temperature fell to 50 degrees on Thursday.  I just threw a jean jacket over it and was good to go!

I'd also like to point out the fact that the first time I wore this dress I was told I look like a Greek Goddess.  Okay, I'll take that! :)

Happy Sunday!
 

23 comments:

  1. you look so wonderful, i love your dress. so pretty.

    thoughtsof93.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is so beautiful. Love that color on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hii
    i love yellow
    :D
    sabrina
    terejour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is amazing - and that color is gorgeous on you!

    xx
    kat
    www.withlovefromkat.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful & that dress is amazing! I've developed quite the obsession with yellow lately, so I'm having some serious closet envy right now! Enjoy your weekend at the cottage, it sounds so wonderful & relaxing :)

    <3 Shawna
    Serpentine Streets

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo cute! You look faaaantastic.


    -e

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this bright color! Very pretty and very summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the yellow! You do look like a greek goddess :)

    http://www.brightandsassy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww I looove this dress! :) you look great!
    xoxo

    stylebycelia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous maxi dress! Stunning color.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're in my favorite color! I tend to think of the Greeks as wearing all white, but of course that's not right, all the paint has just come off the statues! It's fun to image what colors they probably painted the eyes, hair, and clothes...
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this maxi on you. And that color is just so pretty. That bun is pretty awesome and greek-ish too. I wish maxis fit me better! I'm always so freakishly tall when I try to wear them.

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I tell you how much I LOVE that dress? What an amazing color, and it looks absolutely gorgeous on you!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful dress, lady - that hue is made for you!! Aw, and how I love taking little trips. Can not wait!!! Happy bloggy b-day too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this dress on you! Totally a greek goddess. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  16. greek goddess...yes! i love the dress on you, the cut and color work so well on you! have fun on your mini-vacation! and hopefully you can pack more into your busy schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very goddess :) And love that sunny yellow!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com


    Enter my HANDBAG GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yellow looks beautiful on you! And I love the necklace you paired it with (is it an owl?)
    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with whoever said you look like a greek goddess in this dress. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very beautiful, love the shoes too. A new follower!
    -Kosi
    http://onecreatesoneself.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. great dress, pretty colour

    ReplyDelete
  22. You do look like a Greek goddess - and what a perfect shade of yellow for you!! I am obsessed with maxi skirts and dresses. They're so comfy, and I love that they can be dressed up or down. Plus I just got a denim jacket, and I'm dying to wear it with a black maxi dress. :)

    ReplyDelete