Thursday, June 21, 2012

Work Day Heat

One of the hardest occasions to dress for (in my opinion) is for work on a boiling hot summer day.  You really just want to throw on some jean shorts and a tank top or a cotton beach dress.  But no, you must still attend work dressed appropriately.


shirt: LC Lauren Conrad | black tank: H&M
shorts: The Limited | shoes: Target | bracelet: vintage

This is the solution I came up with today for work.  I went with this top because it's sleeveless and light.  Even though I had to wear a tank underneath, the fact that my underarms could breathe helped the situation a lot!  Wearing shorts to the office can be tricky.  How short is too short?  What kind of material is acceptable?  I decided that wearing tailored "work shorts" from The Limited qualified as appropriate.

My only real accessorizing came with my vintage chucky bracelet.  I didn't feel the need to load up with a necklace as I was trying to keep it as light as possible.  Plus the little tie on my shirt filled in my neck area quite nicely.  No need to clutter my neck area up with distracting plastic today!

On a different note, to all my southeast Michigan friends: Red Damask is having a trunk show in downtown Royal Oak this weekend!  I'm hoping to make an appearance there to check it out!  The show runs from 10am to 6pm this Saturday, June 23rd and Sunday, June 24th.  It's by appointment only so make sure to give them a call 248-259-8096.

Have a great weekend!

24 comments:

  1. Haha, way to overcome the heat and still look work appropriate! I love that cute tank on you :)

    Enter to win a $40 gift voucher to Ministry of Retail!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you nailed the work appropriate short, this outfit is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your top. Flowy tops are a summr savior.
    I can relate to your delimma... I'm job searching right now, and out of all the things that worry me about having a job, I'm mostly scared of actually having to get dressed on hot summer days. I wish I could live in shorts and a tank!

    -Alonna
    lonnaliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your top! Great look!!

    http://www.brightandsassy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look cute, covered up, and appropriate to me! Great top!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute top! i love the colors!

    bijou-minou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work outfit you look so professional and pretty Julia!

    xx
    Dearest Lou

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect office outfit! Very professional yet not too corporate, just the right mix.

    xx http://camomeetscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't have to worry about dress codes since I didn't work until this summer. But, we are not allowed to wear shorts at all but at least the building is air conditioned! I really like your work outfit, the top is very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect outfit for work on a hot day! And love the chunky bracelet - so cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  11. That polka dot top is adorable! Luckily my office is pretty casual with the dress code. I've mostly been wearing cotton dresses to work this week in the heat wave. Have a great weekend, Julia!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree it is sooo hard to dress for work in the heat. Thank goodness for air conditioning at the office! love your outfit!! that top is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute top! What's worse than dressing for the heat is doing your hair in the heat, or is that just me? Enjoy your weekend! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is tooooo stinkin' cute...and so is your hair.....AND this look :)
    Gotta love LC's clothing line!!

    xo
    Lizzie

    placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia! You are adorable.. lovin' your top. :)

    xx Love & Aloha
    Come follow me...
    http://elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely outfit! I love the dots on your top and I like to find fellow glasses-wearer like me!
    Sometimes I also just don't feel like much jewellery, I'm not the person for a huge "armparty" ;-)

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this outfit, those colors look great on you <3
    wanna follow each other?
    Love!
    Sabrilett's Armoire

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the top, of course, Julia! I also try to wear shorts that are longer, but they don't really sell, printed\patterned shorts that length! Too bad I live in CA. I would have loved to check out the trunk show! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's really not easy to dress up for work in summer....I have an outfit post for that this Monday, June 25, hope you could check it out!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great outfit, I love the top.

    http://kashaysblogg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a good outfit for a hot work day! I love the top!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wore something like this last week, too!

    -e

    ReplyDelete
  23. P.S. YUM to the colors in the last photo!

    e

    ReplyDelete