Monday, July 30, 2012

Grandpa's Camera

A few months ago my photographer friend Lauren of Lauren Mac Design asked if she could photograph me!  Of course I leaped at the opportunity.  I've decided to spread out the photos into a few posts and this here is post number one!

all photographs by Lauren of Lauren Mac Design
outfit details: pants: c/o LC Lauren Conrad // chambray shirt: American Eagle // shoes: Target // leaf ring: LC Lauren Conrad // aqua ring: Stella & Dot // belt: H&M // acorn necklace: American Eagle

As you can tell by the bare trees these were taken in the springtime during one of the first semi-warm days.  What a joy those first days of sunshine were after a long winter!  For these shoots by Lauren I used props that represent me.  For this outfit I'm posing with my grandpa's old semi-automatic film camera.  I used to use this camera before I learned how to use a full-manual camera.  Oh sometimes I miss those days before I bought my DSLR...  Anyway, Lauren will soon be joining the blogging world so I will be sure to introduce her in an upcoming post!

In daily news, my arms are currently very sore.  This evening after work my friend Kristin and I went to the driving range in preparation for our upcoming golf outing.  Let me just say it's been a while.  Good news is I managed to successfully hit most of the balls!  Thumbs up to that.  Yeah, gonna need more practice.


Two important things!
1) Tomorrow (July 31st) is the last day to take advantage of Cup of Tea's 10% off code for eShakti!  Just use code CU23LZA at checkout.  Their 40% off sale is still going on :)

2) if you didn't see my last post about August's Tea Time, do read!  I would love your submissions.


Tomorrow I get to see Florence and the Machine in concert!! WOO!



15 comments:

  1. I love your jeans! I'm now following :) I'd love for you to check out my latest post!

    http://www.daisyraeboutique.com
    http://www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is so talented! You look wonderful! Your eyes and hair look so pretty!
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet your friend Lauren was excited to have you as a model! Haha, you look beautiful in these photos. Love the cool jeans. :)
    Also, Florence & the Machine!? Oh my gosh, so jealous! Haha, enjoy yourself :)

    Enter to win a dress from Alainn Bella!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos came out awesome! I love your cute & casual outfit :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos came out gorgeous, Julia! I love that you used the camera as a prop. The mint jeans look so cute with the sneakers :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photos, they came out so well!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures of a gorgeous girl! Have so much fun at the concert - she is amazing!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the mint jeans with the chambray top :)

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    SideSmile Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your glasses! And how awesome that you have your gpa's camera. An antique store near me always has vintage cameras - I like to look at them. Not sure if any work, though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your friend did a great job, because the photos look amazing! Love the mint jeans too =)

    Love from the NaNa girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your friend did a great job! I also really like the denim and teal color combo, it works!
    xx

    http://confettifashionblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures! Loving the mint jeans with the denim top- very chic!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awe, such neat pictures! And I especially love the color of your pants... so exciting! >:D

    Oh man, I know what you mean about gold hurting your arms... it seems like it wouldn't, but it does! It's kind of like playing the wii for the first time and having sore arms the next day (yep, can't you tell I'm supa strong?)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos Julia, I like these jeans- perfect fit. It's always so hard for me to find a perfect pair of skinny jeans-uhhhh!
    Xo
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pictures!
    Have fun at the concert! very jealous hehe
    would love it if you could check out my blog, if you have a spare moment :)
    followed your blog! can't wait for the next update! (which is hopefully about the concert) haha
    xoxox
    http://katiemarieclarke.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete