Monday, August 27, 2012

Shades of Brown

At work I'm working on a micro-site for the downtown of my neighboring city Ferndale.  It's focused on the art, the history, and the way downtown Ferndale makes efforts to "go green."  Yesterday I went down there to photograph a little for the site and thought it would be a good opportunity to also do another location post!


shorts: LC Lauren Conrad // black tank: H&M // crochet top: LC Lauren Conrad // belt: Target // shoes: Guess // necklace: c/o Oasap

While putting together this outfit, at first I was discouraged at the fact that the three items of brown were all different shades.  Turns out I like it more than I was expecting!  It also lends to a good post name.

I'm really loving the results when I venture off my property for some outfit photographing.  Sometimes it feels like so much work, especially when it's a million degrees out and I'm trying not to be too sweaty or pained-looking in photos, but the results are definitely worth it.  I spend so much of my time in my own downtown Royal Oak that I forget to venture out to the neighboring downtowns.  There are quite a few to choose from all within 15 minutes of my house!  Located right on 9 Mile (to put it in perspective to all of you non-Detroiters, has anyone seen the movie 8 Mile?  Yeah, I'm a mile from there.  Don't let that scare you, the difference a mile makes is drastic here) Ferndale has so many fun things going on!  And who doesn't like to pose by the Library Bookstore?  Perfect location for me.  I love the beauty in urban settings.  Something like wire cables on the side of a brick building seems photo-worthy.

And isn't that necklace super neat?  I got it care of Oasap.  Like I said in my last post when I mentioned them, they really have quite the eclectic mix of items there!  I was looking to expand my jewelry collection when Oasap offered me a store credit.  Perfect timing!  You should check. them. out.

Happy Monday friends!


17 comments:

  1. I love off-site locations! Love the brick backdrop and the old-world feel of an old bookstore. It complements your outfit so well! I also really think that mural is great as a backdrop. I wish I could do more off-site locations, but I just don't have a lot of time. And I will check out OASAP next pay period maybe!-Jessica L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this outfit on you, and loving all the different browns. These pics are just stunning of you. (p.s. I'm definitely checking out OASAP now!)

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that necklace. I rarely take my photos outside of my backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the three shades of brown. Especially against that brown brick background! You look darling!
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mural! It reminds me of my hometown, which is very quaint. Also, my girlfriend has that exact peacock necklace, she and I have a thing for peacocks :)

    http://www.mythriftychic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great location! That mural is great, and your necklace is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I just love finding new locations :)
    I have a few staple places I like to go for outfit pictures now haha, I need to get out and explore for new ones!
    Super cute outfit Julia, I love the peacock necklace from Oasap - they have such cool jewelry!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! Love the necklace and that fun wall is a great background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The crochet top is really cute and I love that colorful mural!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my jewelry giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks like such a cute place. i love towns that are just the perfect backdrops for photos like this. i love these photos! and your lace top is so great on you - and that necklace! i love peacock necklaces. well really anything with animals on it.

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks like such a cute place. I love the mural! you look super cute too!

    iambornlippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so cute, I love the neutral colors. And I LOVE that necklace!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great summer look! The necklace is absolutely beautiful! I agree with you- Oasap have a really nice collection of neat jewelry pieces.
    XO
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The peacock necklace is super cute, Julia! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really love this whole outfit, and also your blog. :)
    I'm your newest follower!

    xx
    http://s-lounge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these location posts! That colorful wall in the back is pretty amazing :) And the different shades of brown in this outfit is so good for transitioning into the fall, the blue necklace adds such a nice pop of color. (Not to mention that it's also a super cool peacock)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adore your crochetted top, Julia!

    Swing by my blog for your chance to win a $100 Shopbop gift card!

    xx Love & Aloha
    http://elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete