Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Croquet Master

This month for Tea Time I decided to create a fictional lawn party to attend.  Now, I've never actually been to one so this is all a figment of my imagination.  I don't even know how to play croquet, but oh well, it would be at my party.  And at my imagination-lawn-party not only do I know how to play croquet but I'm a master of it too!


I've had this croquet set in my shed for my entire life.  I love it.  I believe it belonged to a grandparent. Or parent?  Either way, it's cool.


Take note!  I am wearing different glasses!  I don't think these frames have made an appearance on this blog yet.  I got them about a month ago and I'm so happy with them!  These count as being my "adventurous" frames.  Add that to my "safe" pair (standard rectangle dark plastic), and my "hipster-that-aren't-really-hipster" pair (bigger rectangled dark plastic with little fake stones at the corners) and I have a well-rounded set of specs to choose from!


glasses frames: Versace // dress: Delia's ca. 2009 // shoes: Target ca. 2009 // 
bracelets: gifts // seafoam ring: Stella & Dot ca. 2011 // 
silver ring: Grand Rapid's Artist Market ca. 2012

Tomorrow I'm going to "Zoomance" at the Detroit Zoo.  It's an after-hours, over-21, couples event where they serve you alcohol while you stroll the zoo.  I'm so excited to sip wine and say hello to Homer the Sloth!  If he decides to grace me with his presence.  The last few times I've been to the zoo he's been out-of-view.  Not acceptable, Homer.  Not acceptable.

Back to Tea Time, any suggestions for September's theme?  I'm open to ideas, please share them in the comments! :)


17 comments:

  1. That zoo event sounds awesome! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love croquet! Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland! You look fabulous
    September theme idea... apple picking!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that sounds like a lot of fun at the zoo! And I like your new glasses! I need some spare pairs too as I am very rough with my glasses. Also, I use to play croquet as a kid- but I didn't really know the rules. The lawn party was a great idea! For September....hmmm...Maybe a private wine tasting event in the home? Or what about brunch\lunch on a boat? Or how about a day at the derby? I don't know- my brain is fried! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress. 'Zoomance' I like that word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I used to play croquet all the time growing up when we went to my grandma's house :) Love that dress Julia - such a pretty color on you!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new glasses, Julia! How fun that you have multiple pairs to choose from. I just have my 1 pair of black frames (which will probably never be on the blog). The Zoomance event sounds like SO much fun!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter to win a gift card (open internationally!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look super cute! I love the glasses. I've actually never played croquet! haha

    iambornlippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to play croquet all the time at my grandparents' house. I love this little photoshoot...so cute!

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many things I'm loving about this post Julia! For one, the croquet prop you used. Haha, you need to play a game or two with my parents - they get rather into it. We have a set in our shed that's been lying around for too long!
    Love the glasses on you too, I really want to invest in some more pairs...so far I just have one that I use on the weekends when I'm not doing anything.
    Cute floral wedges btw! They're adorable with your dress.
    And a Zoomance?? I wish I was over 21...that sounds like a fun date :D

    Enter to win a gift certificate to Rire Boutique!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks for the comments again Julia - I love reading yours ;)
      And I'm out here in Idaho, so that's why it's rather rocky in my area!

      Delete
  10. Such a pretty dress on you! I've never played crochet.. I know, don't hate me! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  11. i just got a croquet set for my birthday! and we are having a lawn party sunday with croquet and bocchi ball!! I hope your weekend is fab, the zoo sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these pictures. I've never played croquet before, it looks like so much fun. I'm loving your glasses, they look beautiful on you. And, I have the same Stella & Dot ring. It's one of my favorites. :) You look beautiful as always! Happy Friday.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. just stumbled upon your blog to say you are so pretty:) love the accessories you put with this dress.


    beholder's inn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this outfit Julia you look so pretty (: If you have a minute I would love if you entered my latest giveaway (;

    xx
    Dearest Lou

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwwwww I love this theme...it reminds me of these fabulous black and white photos I've seen of croquet parties back in Victorian times :) Love that blue on you, by the way. And your comment on a my post recently made my day...it's so good to know that there are lovely ladies like yourself out there who actually enjoy my blogging. So thanks!!!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. this 'zoomance' sounds amazing and i'm super jealous. i wanna go! and this outfit is adorable- i love the new glasses on you - the color is great - and those shoes! love them. i'm AWFUL at croquet, just awful.

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete