Sunday, September 23, 2012

Michigan Fashion Week

Last weekend my friend Rachel and I attended the first year of Michigan Fashion Week!  I'd never been to any fashion week before (my goal is to make it to Detroit Fashion Week next year!) so it was fun to be apart of the excitement.  They haven't posted any of the official photos from the show yet.  I've been waiting for them to include in this post but they're being too slow and I wanted this post to stay relevant.  So below are my iPhone captures that will have to do.


Stylish shoes for a stylish event!  Mine are the open-toed ones.  I just got them on clearance at Target with just enough warm weather left in the year to wear them without freezing toes!


I have to say, I was expecting a bit more.  I was not very impressed with many of the styles.  They were mostly looks that I've seen before; nothing new.  A lot of them looked like clothes I could just go pick up at Forever 21.  Nothing too inspiring.  But I will say, I appreciate the effort.  There are so many talented designers in the Detroit area.  It was nice to support them and my local community.

Since it was their first year, I applaud Michigan Fashion Week for pulling together a nice event with affordable tickets.  Yeah Michigan!

Have you ever attended a fashion week showcase?


11 comments:

  1. Man, you're so lucky - I've never attended a fashion week showcase! Glad you were able to experience it though, looks like fun :)
    Also, hot shoes!

    Enter to win a $40 voucher to InDressMe!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not yet attended a fashion week! I always feel like I may not enjoy it I don't really pay attention anymore to high fashion. Not to say that I don't like looks and clothing inspired by high fashion or worn by others. I've thought of attending SD Fashion Week, but it's just not my priority. Besides, none of my close friends would be interested in going. Maybe next year, I'll find a group of fashion bloggers to go with! -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fashion week for me ever - Nashville has one, but I didn't find out about until too late this year. It is fun getting to see local fashion - even if it isn't up to NYFW standards. Love those fun wedges!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never attended fashion week before, but it looks like so much fun! But oh no, hopefully the Michigan Fashion week will be better next year. (And your wedges are so cool, I love how it has a cut out)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! Looks like a fun event - I've never been to a fashion show!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like it was a fun event! I'm loving your super stylish wedges!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia, you and your friend looked better then the models! HaHaHa Both of you looked gorgeous. Oh well! There's always next year and glad you both had fun. Have a great week!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks like so much fun! i wont be able to make it to any sort of fashion week this year but glad you got to go - you and your friend are beautifull

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails // current giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome-looking event! And I adore your outfit and those gorgeous wedges (I love Target shoes, to be honest!). Happily, San Francisco Fashion Week is coming up so I might try to finagle some tickets for that, haha. I'm glad you had a great time! :)

    With love from San Francisco, California,
    Sabrina
    http://www.rougespark.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like the event was a lot of fun! I love your outfit and your silk blouse especially! That first blue dress the model is wearing is one of my favorites! Hope you enjoyed the show! :)

    Rosalia
    Style-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been there too! :)

    ReplyDelete