Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Preschool Vintage

I love a good thrift store deal + vintage find combined.  Usually that combination is hard to come by in small sizes.  Seriously.  Last week I stared at a long aisle full of blazers and ONE of them was a size small.  ONE.  Out of probably two hundred at least.  So yes, I bought that blazer.  But what I also bought was a cute vintage skirt.  The length was new for me, and I really love it!

skirt: thrifted // shirt: Wet Seal // belt: Target // shoes: LC Lauren Conrad 
//necklace: gift // ring: Miner's Den

While wearing this I kind of felt like a preschool teacher.  (By the way, that's a complement to all of you teachers out there!)  I think I associate this length of skirt with preschool teachers because that's probably the first time I noticed them.  Yep, even as a preschooler I recognized great fashion!  So there you have the short story of this skirt.

In other news, are any other Michigan bloggers attending the Michigan Fashion Week Showcase this Saturday?  I'll be there!  Unfortunately I won't be able to attend Detroit Fashion Week, but I plan on it for next year.

Happy Wednesday!

25 comments:

  1. Ooooh LOVE IT!!!

    -e

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find...love that skirt on you!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, congrats on the blazer... sometimes it's scary looking through thrift stores and finding something you like and having to look to see what size it is... the moment of truth!!~ but yay, it worked for you! <3

    You look so adorable here. That length skirt is perfect for you! And that necklace is just so tiny and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I can't believe you can't find smalls. I feel like all the vintage/good stuff at my thrift stores are small and xsmall... but I do live in LA, the land of super models :D (myself NOT included).

    http://www.mythriftychic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! That skirt is absolutely a great length for running after kids, bending over to help kids, kneeling on the ground to play with a kid, sitting cross-legged to tell kids stories... I remember my preschool teachers were pretty and had cute shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'd make a cute preschool teacher! :D

    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color of that skirt is PERFECT with your hair - I love this!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your skirt, what a great find!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have a lot of trouble finding stuff that fits in thrift stores, actually. i really stick to jewelry and accessories and shoes at thrift/vintage stores because of it. anyhow, i love that skirt - it's a great find and fits you beautifully. and i suppose you would be a very stylish preschool teacher then!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, a thrift store deal and vintage combination? Its always as if its kismet when you find something on those racks! Can't wait to see this blazer now haha
    This skirt is so adorable - I love the length and print!
    Your jewelry compliments the entire outfit perfectly too :)

    Enter to win a $40 voucher to InDressMe!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this skirt, I always get really excited when I find something amazing at a thrift store and it fits - its like a treasure hunt :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. drats i had no idea about mi fashion week! oh well, sound fun!!

    love that skirt :) i love dressing like a school teacher everynow and again :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice find- the skirt is super adorable!!!
    Xo
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow great find. I love the ring!

    xo, Kat

    www.loveandace.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look beautiful! Love your skirt and that ring is just gorgeous!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorei o blog, muito lindo, amei tudo. Parabéns mesmo vou sempre estar aqui (:

    ontendency.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the skirt, oh, and your belt! I have found myself being drawn more and more to fall colors, probably due to the anticapted change of seasons, which is very undrastic here in San Diego....I wish I could go to Michigan Fashion Week. San Diego just had one recently, but for some reason I really had not desire to go! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice outfit!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! :) Love your fashion style there.. :)

    ReplyDelete