Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Luna Halloween

Happy Halloween!!  Last weekend was the annual Luna Halloween Bash!  This year I decided to go as Daphne from Scooby Doo.  There are only so many realistic costume choices for a redhead, and this was fairly inexpensive and easy to create!


It was strange wearing my contact lenses all night, I am such a glasses girl, so it takes a lot to make me wear my contacts.  But in order to make my costume better I sacrificed my lovely glasses for a spec-less face!

Not bad!

The Boy/Lumberjack Man/Dan and me
Rachel/Black Swan and me
me and Kalyn/Nurse
dress: American Apparel // scarf: fabric from JoAnn's // 
headband: clearence at Target for $1 // tights: a pair of my old ballet tights // 
shoes: Mudd from a long time ago

Plus I can re-use the dress for normal outfits too!  Luna did not disappoint. Let's just say the photobooth machine made a killing off of us.

Hope you all have a happy and safe Halloween!  My plan is to pass out candy, watch Young Frankenstein, and pack for vacation!  I'm headed north for a long weekend!  Woo!


10 comments:

  1. Lovely costume and great Idea.
    Wish you a lovely day and Happy Halloween
    xo, Petra

    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this costume - it is downright perfect for you! oh my goodness you look adorable. i wish i had the hair to pull this off

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea to dress like a Daphne! You look super adorable!
    Kisses
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That costume party looked awesome - people realllllly turned it out! I loved your costume - you make a perfect Daphne, and while I love you and your glasses, it is nice to see your pretty face sans glasses too!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked so cute!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice costume! You look just like Daphne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great costume, Julia! You look perfect as Daphne! I was too tired to do anything Halloween-like, but I did dress up my dogs! Hee hee! And I sort of handed out candy. I got tired after answering the door twice in the evening and just left a large bowl of candy outside the door. It was gone in under 20 minutes! Bratty kids! -Jess L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, looks like a fantastic, fun night! Hope you had a happy Halloween :)
    And you totally pulled off the Daphne look. Nailed it girl! Can't wait to see how you wear this dress too.
    It is pretty odd to see you without your glasses. Haha, but way to go all out for the costume :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, you are a perfect Daphne! That is such a cute idea. I've never seen anyone dress up as her for Halloween. You look adorable.

    May the force be with you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete