Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Autumn Instagram Recap

Helloooo!!  It's been quite a while since I've posted hasn't it?  Well, a lot has happened in the past month!  I am now officially a home owner.  I finally closed on the house in mid-November and am in the midst of home improvement projects.  Since the house was technically "vacant" when I bought it (it had been empty for over 90 days) I now have to get it all up to code in order for the city to give me a certificate of occupancy.  So until I finish doing that, I can't really move in yet.

So you could see why I dropped off the outfit-post-wagon, but I'm here today to share the results of my List of Things To Accomplish - Fall 2012 post!  There was only one that I did not accomplish, and that was to sit around a bon-fire.  Sad.  Something to put on my list next fall!  Here's what I did do:

1. Go to the cider mill (more than once!)

2. Pick out a pumpkin and carve it!

3. Drink hot cider

4. Stomp through some pretty leaves

5. VOTE! (This was not on my original list but it should have been.  I love voting!)

6. Watch "Young Frankenstein" (for the millionth time!)

7. Dress up for Halloween and dance!  I was Daphne from Scooby Doo!

8. Read by a fire in the fireplace.  I read "Memoirs of a Geisha" for the first time...SUCH a good read!

I hope all of your Novembers went well.  In all honesty, it's been nice to do other things than blogging and reading blogs.  I love you all and I love my blog, but there's more to my life.

With my new house and all of the house projects involved with it, I will have some great material to post!  I'm thinking about turning Cup of Tea into more of a lifestyle blog, with fashion included of course.  I love posting outfits, but there are so many other things I love too!  So I've been preparing.  I went through my entire house and photographed each room from different angles to prepare for Before & After posts!  Can't wait to share!

What were you able to accomplish this fall?

12 comments:

  1. Exciting! I can't wait to see some pics of your house and home designes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too on the house pics, can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh there's definitely bigger things to life than just blogging lol. But I'm glad to see you back with an update Julia, it's been a while. Congrats on closing on the house! I'm sure you'll be keeping busy decorating and just making it a home now.

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone needs a blogging break,and I admit that blogging and reading blogs can take up way too much precious time. I also think that solely "fashion blogging" can be tiring and tedious. I don't know how some people doe it every single day, or manage to take a few great photos of all their outfits for 30 days. But my blog is my journal as well, so I have to incorporate my thoughts, things I like, and just anything I want into it to keep it interesting for me. Like I said, can't wait to see your home decor! -Jess L

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many exciting things happening! I missed you while you were gone, but I am looking forward to seeing more of this new channel of inspiration from you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. makes me so happy to find another michigander, love your blog!

    http://everythingsalwayssunny.com

    Kristin
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the Daphne outfit is so fun! Love a bit of instagram, looks like your autumn has been fun
    Daisy Dayz
    Cross-Jones-Photography

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely fall activities (and photos)! And you make a great Daphne :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god that pumpkin carving is awesome :O I wish I was good at those. I always end up with a weird disfigured orange ball.

    And I definitely prefer lifestyle blogs to fashion blogs. Or a mix of both; they make you seem like a real person :P

    Yasmeen
    Castle Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I miss your blog posts Julia! Hope you are enjoying your new home and life as you should be.... =) Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post! I am reading "Memoirs of a Geisha" right now and loving it!!!!

    ReplyDelete