Sunday, May 18, 2014

Photographing The Color of Rain Premiere!

It's not every day that you get the opportunity to be two feet away from a celebrity, and last Thursday I was! I had the chance to photograph the red carpet at the Detroit premiere of the Hallmark Movie Channel's The Color of Rain. Lacey Chabert is one of the lead roles in the film (remember Gretchen Wieners from Mean Girls? That's her!) The film is based on the NYT's bestselling book by the same title, authored by Michael & Gina Spehn, and tells the couple's unlikely true-life love story. Lacey plays Gina Kell Spehn. I've have the privilege of working with the ever-so-kind Gina (and occasionally Michael too) on different design aspects of their non-profit foundation, New Day Foundation for Families, which offers hope and assistance to young families affected by cancer.

...I was two feet from Gretchen Wieners! I got to take part in the photographer's role of yelling "over here!" to the actors and guests to have them look over at my camera. Such authority :)

Warren Christie and Lacey Chabert

 
Gina Kell Spehn and Lacey Chabert

Warren Christie, Lacey Chabert, Gina Kell Spehn and Michael Spehn

The film itself was great (very Hallmark-movie like) and followed the book pretty closely. I'm honored to know these great people.

Since I've spent a long while editing many photographs of Lacey and the event, I think it's time to wind down the weekend with a cup of tea and a viewing of Mean Girls. That movie never gets old.


Happy Sunday!



1 comment:

  1. Wow how fun! If you ever go to L.A. to visit, you might see a lot more celebrities more often! Glad to see you getting back into blogging. Wish I wasn't leaving, but I'll be back! -Jess L

    ReplyDelete